• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dots in donor area starting to show after 7 months

F

Frankie1983

Valued member
I had a hair transplant 8 months ago and was gettimg my hair cut to a 0.5 around the back and sides with nobody noticing any dotting. However in my last haircut my barber as well as a couple of friends who know I have had HT have noticed sone dotting. I have just had it cut to a 1 guard and they certainly are noticeable. Any reason why they would just start to show now? Its quite depressing.

Attachments

• IMG_20160530_151757.jpg
    IMG_20160530_151757.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 494
F

Frankie1983

Valued member
Another from the back

Attachments

• IMG_20160530_160022.jpg
    IMG_20160530_160022.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 408
W

whatyalookingat

Hey Frankie where did you get your procedure done how many grafts? It looks like over harvesting but you should contact your clinic or talk to a professional!

F

Frankie1983

Valued member
Hi whatyawant. It was 3200 at dr civas in Turkey

P

Parky

This is a strange scenario. Could your hair be going through a shedding phase? Thus exposing scarring.

F

Frankie1983

Valued member
I did ask and that is exactly what they said. I have been going through a shed over the past couple of months so makes sense.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
This kind of appearance in the donor area can be caused by over harvesting of the grafts, and/or the size of punch used for extraction. If as you say though, you are in the middle of a shedding phase, hopefully it won't be long before your hair thickens up and hides the scarring again.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Frankie, how does it look with your hair longer? 0.5 cut is very short.

F

Frankie1983

Valued member
It's okay when its grown out a little. The above photos were a 1 grade but just a bit confusing as to why I was getting a 0.5 cut for months with no visible scarring/dotting and then suddenly they appeared 8 months later. Hopefully it is just due to my shed as has been suggested

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to ask some doctors for their opinion. Will let you know what they say.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
It looks to me like donor area shock loss. I've actually seen worse shock than yours at 7-8 months post op but then the hairs grew back within 2 months. Best of luck!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Frankie,
I showed your picture to a few doctors explaining your situation. They said its most likely a shed or delayed shock loss with it happening 8 months post op.
Advice was to wait it out and have a final evaluation with your doctor at 12 months. So hopefully it's this and you'll be fine.
All the best.
Bm.