• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Özlem Biçer or Dr Ferreira

J

JoeMan

Does anyone have an opinion on either of these 2 doctors for HT?

I have a quote from Dr. Ferreira in Portugal for $9,000 Euro for 3000 Grafts but claims I may need more like 3500-3800.
This procedure will cost at least $15k USD with travel. I haven't found much information on him but I've read that he is up and coming Dr who performs the entire procedure himself. He must be really busy because he is booked until November 18th...which is when I was looking to have the procedure so summer isn't ruined.

Dr. Bicer has yet to quote me but suggested 3300 grafts. I know from research that she is much cheaper being based in Turkey. I have a video call with her scheduled for tomorrow. Again I have found limited information on her as well. She performs most of the procedure but not all.

I'm really having trouble deciding if Dr Ferreira is that much better and worth what I anticipate as almost double the price. Obviously this procedure is not something I am taking lightly and cost is not the only deciding factor.

Any information or input is welcome as I am very nervous and having trouble deciding on a Dr.

Thanks,
Joe

IMG-20210401-WA0004.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I believe both doctors do the FUE punching and have technicians help with taking the grafts out and the placing in the recipient area.
It looks like your whole frontal third will be the area that they concentrate on. The graft estimates seem about right.
Are you on any hair loss prevention regimen?

J

JoeMan

I am 43 years old and have never taken any medication for hair loss. My hair has been mostly this way for years now. Mild hair loss at this point.

I was told that Dr Ferreira performed everything because he is OCD. I will definitely double check this.

J

JoeMan

Big Mac, do you have any input on their qualifications or results? Should I consider another Dr that you think would best fit my hair style? Which is thick and curly...

20210402_131206.jpg

20210402_131045.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes check it out with him. 3000 plus grafts would be one long day for one person, even split over two days it would be tedious and quite exhausting. Although I do know of some like Dr Lars Heitman that do it all themselves.
I think both doctors you're researching are capable of giving you a very good result.
Your curly hair may make the extractions more difficult/time consuming but on the plus side, you may need less than what you've been quoted because curly hair provides excellent coverage.
Your first picture looks as though your frontal third has all but gone. Do you have a top down picture showing the area with your hair pulled back?

Have a look at this thread. The patient has similar hair loss and curly hair. He got 3500 grafts.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like your loss is your frontal half so your estimates will be in the ball park area.
I'd suggest researching into Finasteride as it may stop or slow down your hair loss. Your donor area also benefits from it. Check out the possible sides and be sure to ask the clinics about it.
You could go ahead without out but you may lose some transplanted grafts sometime in the future and your loss could continue to your crown area.
If it continues, you may decide you need another HT donor permitting.

J

JoeMan

Big Mac, do you have any additional thoughts on the 2 doctors that I asked about? I noticed in one thread that you met one of them before? I will definitely check out the clinic you suggested as well. Thx

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I've met Dr Ferreira a few times at various conferences and observed him doing live surgery at one of the WFI venues. The extractions looked very good.
I have not met Dr Bicer in person yet but do speak over the phone. I'm impressed by her work and the results that have been added to this site. One of my Alliance4hair colleagues has visited Dr Bicer on several occasions, he speaks very highly of her and the work she does.

The patient link I sent you was to show what can be achieved with curly hair. It will usually provide better coverage with fewer grafts.

J

JoeMan

Just in case anyone wants to know, I verified that Dr. Ferreira does perform the entire surgery himself.

J

JoeMan

Big Mac, do you think Dr. Bisanga is better than both Dr Ferreira and Dr ozlem Biçer? He is $4 Euro each though.
Just wondering if he's one of the best? I seem to find much more information on him which tells me he's more popular. Maybe his training clinic in Athens would be an option as well? It's so hard to find a happy medium between Cost/Expertise...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Dr Bisanga has been performing hair transplants for a long time which is why you`ll find more information and patient results. All 3 doctors you mentioned are skilled at what they do but ultimately, the decision has to be yours on who you think is better and who best suits your needs.
Consulting with all 3 and speaking to former patients will help.

F

FoodEat

Does anyone have an opinion on either of these 2 doctors for HT?

I have a quote from Dr. Ferreira in Portugal for $9,000 Euro for 3000 Grafts but claims I may need more like 3500-3800.
This procedure will cost at least $15k USD with travel. I haven't found much information on him but I've read that he is up and coming Dr who performs the entire procedure himself. He must be really busy because he is booked until November 18th...which is when I was looking to have the procedure so summer isn't ruined.

Dr. Bicer has yet to quote me but suggested 3300 grafts. I know from research that she is much cheaper being based in Turkey. I have a video call with her scheduled for tomorrow. Again I have found limited information on her as well. She performs most of the procedure but not all.

I'm really having trouble deciding if Dr Ferreira is that much better and worth what I anticipate as almost double the price. Obviously this procedure is not something I am taking lightly and cost is not the only deciding factor.

Any information or input is welcome as I am very nervous and having trouble deciding on a Dr.

Thanks,
Joe
Did Dr Bruno Ferreira change the price? He was charging € 2.50 per follicle.

J

JoeMan

Yes he must have. Dr Ozlem bicer is 1.5 Euro per and Dr bisanga is 4 Euro per. It's hard to not go with Dr Ozlem but I'm worried because it's almost too good to be true.

G

Gobby

If you were quoted €9000 for 3000 grafts - doesn't that make Dr Ferreira €3 per graft? Or does his cost per graft get cheaper the more you get done?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Just in case anyone wants to know, I verified that Dr. Ferreira does perform the entire surgery himself.

If he is performing all the punching and planting part of the surgery I assume he has staff who help pull/extract the grafts, inspect them, sort them and then load them into the implanted pens.

J

JoeMan

That would make sense. I'm supposed to have a call with him this week. My video call with Dr ozlem didn't go so well as the call was distorted and she was walking around doing stuff while talking with me. She did seem nice though. I have a German friend that is going to research her since supposedly she has more reviews from Italy/Germany. He also told me that his friend happens to know someone who had surgery with her recently. It's a small world . I'm just hesitant with such a huge difference in price.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, she has quite a few patient results on the Alopezie and Bellicapelli forum if you want to check them out. There is quite a few on here as well. The price is cheaper by a Euro per graft but then you could say Dr Ferreira is considerably cheaper than the clinics who charge 5-6 Euros per graft.
Country economies, overheads and staff all contribute to pricing.

J

JoeMan

Actually, she is cheaper by 1.5 Euros per graft. Dr. Ferreira is 3 Euros and she is 1.5. I have searched all the forums I have found, but I will definitely check out the 2 you suggested. I just want to be sure that I'm getting quality work done. I appreciate all of your input.