• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Bonaros, Glasgow - 1456 FUE Grafts + Implanter Pens - 0 to 4 Months *Fast Grower*

Dr Bonaros

Dr Bonaros

Valued member
Hi everyone.
This patient, 36 years old, underwent an FUE procedure with 1456 grafts, equating to 3621 hairs, to restore his receding hairline and a small thinning area behind the frontal tuft. Dr Bonaros performed all the steps of the hair transplant surgery.

Graft breakdown:
1-Hair FUs: 197 grafts -- 197 hairs
2- Hair FUs: 585 grafts -- 1170 hairs
3-Hair FUs: 467 grafts -- 1401 hairs
4-Hair FUs: 182 grafts -- 728 hairs
5-Hair FUs: 25 grafts - 125 hairs.
Total FUs: 1456 Total Hairs: 3621

The grafts were extracted using a 0.8 mm motorised punch and were implanted using sharp Hair Implanter Pens.

Here are some photos before and immediately after the procedure.

dr-bonaros-hair-transplant-scotland.jpg

dr-bonaros-hair-transplant-glasgow.jpg

The patient reported no post-op hair shedding.
Below you can see the results just 4 months after the surgery.

dr-bonaros-hair-transplant-result-glasgow-.png

receding-hairline-treatment-glasgow.jpg

temples-reconstruction-hair-transplant.jpg

hairline-close-up.png

hairline-close-up-dr-bonaros.png

Thank you.

Attachments

• dr-bonaros-hair-transplant-glasgow-dhi-technique.jpg.jpg
    dr-bonaros-hair-transplant-glasgow-dhi-technique.jpg.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 97
  • dr-bonaros-hair-transplant-glasgow-fue.jpg.jpg
    dr-bonaros-hair-transplant-glasgow-fue.jpg.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 98
  • dr-bonaros-hair-transplant-glasgow-fue.jpg.jpg
    dr-bonaros-hair-transplant-glasgow-fue.jpg.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 138
loui

loui

Valued member
Good job!

Only thing I notice is there are some doubles and multi grafts in the hairline, the yield looks good and the irregularities look good.

Last edited:
S

Salazar

Only thing I notice is there are some doubles and multi grafts in the hairline
I am still an absolute novice when it comes to hair and hair loss. Can either loui or MPBsucks1234 -- or anyone else who cares to do so -- explain to me the significance of singles and doubles in the hairline? Thanks.

B

Bobbins

I am still an absolute novice when it comes to hair and hair loss. Can either loui or MPBsucks1234 -- or anyone else who cares to do so -- explain to me the significance of singles and doubles in the hairline? Thanks.
Naturally you have single, fine hairs in the hairline.

If you don’t mimic that it’ll look less natural - I guess we’ve all subconsciously learned that’s how hair looks, so a transplant is more obvious when not adhering to natures rules.

Now all hair transplant clinics will know this too. However, without the correct equipment (to magnify the extracted grafts), it’s easy to mistake some doubles for singles. Also, the sorting process and plan needs to be accurate to get the natural result you’re looking for.

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
In people who do not have hairloss the frontal rows of the hairline are all single grafts and to a large extent fine single grafts then it transitions to DoubleS and triples etc. Hair transplant doctors would ensure that of the grafts they extract to place them into the Hairline with at least 2-3 rows of singles. Most world Class clinics use loops and high powered microscopes to sort all this out into group so the technicians work in harmony Along with the doctor Like a well oiled machine.

Dr Bonaros

Dr Bonaros

Valued member
Thanks for the valuable input.
Sometimes we think a hair graft is being implanted, but there may be a hair more attached in a resting phase. This one might show up after 3 or 4 months. We routinely use stereomicroscopes for the methodic and meticulous evaluation of the grafts, and we classify them based on the number of hair per graft and the hair shaft thickness. So, the coarse 2-hair grafts are placed behind the fine 2-hair grafts and the single coarse hairs behind the fine single follicles in an attempt to recreate a subtle decrease in density as we move closer to the hairline.
Having a thick wall of hair right from the first row of hairs is unnatural.

We will add new photos to the case in a few months. Please stay tuned!

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. Your comments are always appreciated.

S

Salazar

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. Your comments are always appreciated.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes: on your website, in the section on FUE, it states "undetectable scarring" and "ability to wear your hair very short." Could you be more specific? How short can the hair be worn before the scars become visible -- No.1 (3mm), No. 2 (6mm), No. 3 (10mm)? Thanks.

Last edited:
Dr Bonaros

Dr Bonaros

Valued member
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes: on your website, in the section on FUE, it states "undetectable scarring" and "ability to wear your hair very short." Could you be more specific? How short can the hair be worn before the scars become visible -- No.1 (3mm), No. 2 (6mm), No. 3 (10mm)? Thanks.
Hi, thanks for your question.
After an FUE hair transplant, patients can typically wear their hair short, such as a number 1 or 2-grade cut. The tiny dot scars that remain are less than 1mm and hard to see with the naked eye.

The above patient, for example, keeps a very short haircut, as shown in the photos below.

donor-area-after-fue-dr-bonaros-glasgow.png

I hope it helps.