• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Hasson: Pimp My Wig!!!

• Thread starter NotGoing2GoBald
  • Start date
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Hey All,

thanks for the support/comments. Yep, my ht is just around the corner (April 21'st) and it's funny the closer it gets the more excited I become. ATM I'm not in the least bit nervous, though I could see that changing surgery day, I actually just can't wait to see my new hair line and finally get this done after all of my contemplation over the decision. I feel confident I'm making the best decision, especially in that my loss has recently become greater than what I can accept. I'd really like to get a ton of photos of my ht including the strip itself as I think it would be fantastic for those questioning the procedure and I would just like to see it for myself, and of course I intend on keeping monthly pics.

lol NN, meh not really partying although I did have to make a trip up to LA and spend the night in order to expedite my passport, being the perpetual last minute person I am; and I did have an "interesting" experience w/ a girl my friend and I met at the bar in the hotel...you know, the kind of experience your kicking yourself in the a$$ the next day for...~'')...then had to wake up @ 6 am to make my appointment. '''h;h;;h

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
N2.... where are you !!!!!!!!

I guess you must have been de-balded by now !!

Tim :)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I think his surgery day is April 29th so not quite debalded yet.

timuk

timuk

Ops...

I am sure he said yesterday... never mind. Think I am starting to worry about my feelings for other guys hair now !!!!

Tim (hetrosexual)

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

YOooo!
Cliff Notes---4,060 grafts....I'll get my mop shots up soon... What an AMAZING experience!!!

Really Long Version---

I just got back in tonight, my ht was yesterday (April 21'st) from 7: 30 am-8:30 pm. The entire experience was absolutely phenomenal. I arrived in Vancouver mid afternoon the day before and checked into the Sheraton, which is the Hotel H&W put you up at, and checked out my fantastic view of the city. A friend traveled w/me, so we went for a walk in the city and worked up an appetite oggling some AMAZINGLY gorgeous french girls, had a Grand Marnier crepe (not too shabby) then walked through the harbor and oggled some more; the city is quite sexy too, not just the girls!

By the time the morning rolled around I was so excited about finally ridding myself of my Big Gay Al tuft (South Park refference for what I affectionately call my receded hair line) that all of my worries & anxieties were LITERALLY non-existent. I honestly thought I would be pleading for sedation by the time the morning rolled around, but to my relief I was so excited I was discussing the intricacies of hair transplantation w/Dr. Hasson (and my million and one questions on the subject) while listening to the sound of my strip being removed from my head w/out a care in the world, other than visions of my new mop flooding my head.

The entire staff & atmosphere were fantastic. H&W have 20 full time techs, 10 for each Dr; out of curiosity I asked one how long she had been working there and she said since 2000 when a procedure of 1,800 grafts was considered a 'mega' session; needless to say this was more than comforting to hear. Dr. Hasson himself is one cool cat. Based off of my research I consider him THE best ht surgeon in the world, yet he has absolutely zero air of arrogance or pretentiousness about him. HIs attitude put me at ease.

I am kicking myself in the a$$ for not doing scalp exercises consistently though. I had rehearsed persuasive arguments in my head time and time again to sway Hasson into going for max grafts on me...then when the moment of truth came, I just blurted out---"given that I'm thinning all the way back into my crown, how do you feel about going for MAX grafts?"....and like a salivating puppy dog awaiting a treat from his master I peered into his eyes and he said "I would LOVE to...BUT, your scalp is too tight"...It turns out my laxity is a bit below average & my density is a bit above average; so we ended up w/4,060 grafts which is phenomenal and we went back as far on my scalp as I was hoping for. I'm just upset at myself that the ONLY thing w/in my control and I was too lazy and inconsistent to perform the exercises...but they are a SERIOUS pain in the a$$ (they were for me anyway). 4K grafts is fantastic though, and it should make a radical transformation for me.

I'll post pics of the work tomorrow.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi NG

Great to hear from you,you kept the date switch quiet as you said you were going on the 29th.

I`m pleased it alll went smoothly and that you got that many grafts.I want to see a bucket load of pictures from you.

Shame you never kept up with the scalp exercises but i expect that many grafts will provide you with a nice new mop of hair.

Heal and grow well mate.

bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Z:BZ:BZ:BZ:B Definitely calls for a celebration. Glad to hear that you finally got it done and all went super well for you. 4000+ grafts should make a hell of a difference and you'll soon be a new man. Then you need to go back to Vancouver and have a go at the hotty french ladies. It is also the hot bed for some beautiful asian woman. Oh hell, Vancouver is killer period.

Great news NG. What a relief eh? Look forward to following your progress.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Congrats NG! ¬b` Waaaaaaay to go!

Had a feeling you'd think the procedure would be a piece of cake.

4000+ grafts is nothing to sneeze at and it'll give you a tremendous transformation so you shouldn't be kicking yourself. It'll likely turn into a blessing in disguise.

Anyway, well done. Rest up and heal well! We're all extremely happy for you.

Looking forward to your pics.

timuk

timuk

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat..... to hear your back and all went well for you...

Looking forward to the pics.....

Congrats..

Timbo :)