• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Paul Shapiro, Dense Pack Hairline, 6 month post op

Paul Shapiro MD

Paul Shapiro MD

Valued member
This patient came in for his 6 month follow up appointment. He was a candidate for dense packing and I planted at densities up to 60 FU/sq.cm. He is a 38 year old male who has hair loss in the Norwood type II pattern. Most of the males in his family do not progress to more than a Norwood type IV but he does have an uncle who has Norwood type V hair loss. His donor density is average and he has very minimal crown loss.
In a patient like this I feel comfortable dense packing the hairline. If he was in his 20s or had a family history with more significant hair loss I may have chosen to keep the densities in the 30 to 40FU/sq.cm. range.
His hair count is as follows:

1 Hair FU 548
2 Hair FU 1061
3 Hair Fu 495
4 Hair FU 60
Total FU 2164
Total Hairs 4395

IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/paulshapiromd/Mark%20Eischens/Slide1.jpg[/IMG]
Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide14.jpg

Slide15.jpg

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
To be perfectly honest it is pretty challenging to see a whole lot of difference because the guy had a pretty decent hairline prior but ofcourse the work is certainly extremely natural--especially given that it is hard to see a difference. That in itself sais a lot.

No question his hairline is stronger and defined better. Thanks for the post.

NN

Paul Shapiro MD

Paul Shapiro MD

Valued member
Nervousnelly

Thank you for the compliment. The patient €™s goal was to lower his hairline by about 1 centimeter and for it to be a subtle change so that no one knew he had a hair transplant. When doing a transplant like this one it may seem like there is no change but as you can see in the following photographs the hairline was lowered.

I have drawn in Red how far down we lowered the hairline. I also placed hair about 2 centimeters behind the hairline to give good density. When going into existing hair the change is not as significant as if one is going into a bald area.

This patient is very happy with his results.

THE RED LINE IS HOW MUCH WE LOWERED THE HAIRLINE

Slide1-1.jpg

PRE-OP/POST OP COMPARISON CLOSE UP VIEWS TO SEE THAT THE HAIRLINE WAS LOWERED

Slide2-1.jpg

Slide3-1.jpg

Dr. Paul

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Definitely can see the change when pointed out. Extremely natural. Thanks for the additional photos.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
This patient was in an enviable position with his minor loss. I think majority of men would have been happy enough and not have any ht work done if they were in similar situation. But, as we all know, hair loss in any degree can be detrimental to any individual.

I saw this patient last week at his 6 months visit and he was very pleased with his results. He's certainly an above average speed grower.