• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Paul Shapiro - Female patient

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Dr. Paul Shapiro - 1872 Grafts - 3569 Hairs

Our recent female patient had one prior surgery 10 years ago at another clinic in the Chicago area. She stated back then she was scheduled for 3 sessions for 1000 grafts total but she did not like how her results were progressing so she did not return for her final 3[suP]rd[/suP] session. She was amazed at how far the procedure itself had come in 10 years. She was impressed by the lack of redness the next day and she is very happy with Dr. Paul €™s hairline and temple design.

Graft/Hair Count: Total = 1872 Grafts - 3569 Hairs

1's - 418 2's - 1211 3's - 243

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

True and Dorin Medical Group

True and Dorin Medical Group

Valued member
can't wait to see this one! auspicious start J;)

A

Amy

If I opted for surgery, would it be possible to have fue method leaving my hair long to hide the area where the grafts are extracted?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Amy,

It'll depend on how many grafts are extracted. The extracted hairs are shaved down before being extracted so for small fue sessions you can get away with leaving enough hairs long to cover the extraction sites.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
We have an update from a female patient of Dr. Paul Shapiro. This patient is currently 6 months post op from her hair line procedure. She is thrilled with her results at this stage. Some thickening and softening is to be expected in the next 6 months. She received 1872 Grafts/3569 Hairs in at the end of April of 2010.

Slide1-1.jpg

Slide2-1.jpg

Slide3-1.jpg

Slide4-1.jpg

Slide5-1.jpg

Slide6-1.jpg

Slide7-1.jpg

Slide8-1.jpg

janna

janna

Valuable Member
We will take a donor scar picture next time she is due for a 1 yr follow-up appt. The scar was difficult to find.....she healed very well.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
looks amazing and at just 6 months shes still got a long way to go ¬b`.....Janna in your experience do you find that men and women grow in at around the same time frames, or do their regrowth vary?.... generally speaking off course as i know that every patient varies to a certain degree.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
That's a very good question.... I don't recall addressing it before. ;)

Many of our female patients with diffused thinning generally have the same growth rate as our male patients. There are some patients who experience early growth and I don't believe it's biased towards one gender over the other. Must be just based on one's own physiology.