• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Rahal, 2803 grafts into the Crown.

E

El Nino

Valued member
Hi Everybody!

I had a crown only HT 16 months ago with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa and I'm thrilled with my result. Here are my results including some details;

Level of loss: I was a NW 3 Vertex and had been for about 4 years.

Medications: Finastride 1.25mg E.O.D since January 2008 to present. Rogaine Foam 5% from April 2008 - February 2009.

Surgical Details: FUT method with Tricophytic closure. 2803 grafts, 188 singles, 1758 doubles, 857 triples = 6275 hairs.

Pre Op.

IMG_0566.jpg

Post Op.

IMG_0645.jpg

Pre Op - 5.5 months - 9 months - 12.5 months Comparison.

IMG_0558.jpg

16 months styled with gel to Pre Op comparison.

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_05551.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
looks excellent el nino, do you know what size area was covered and how short can you cut your hair at the sides looks pretty short ¬b`

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi El Nino.

Its great that you`ve joined and posted your crown pictures as most results are usually hairline/frontal third etc and not just crown work.

Your crown reminds me of my own where i had 95% of my work done.

Its looking very good,how is the rest of your hair holding up with the meds.

Cheers bm.

E

El Nino

Valued member
Thanks for the compliments guys.

NCB,

The area was 60 cm2. I can buzz the back and sides down to a No. 3. I haven't tried it any shorter.

Bigmac,

Your hair is looking great too. My hair seems to be holding well with Fin and there's limited MPB in my family so I'm pretty optimistic. But you never know so I'm prepared to go in again if needed.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks El Nino

Its good to hear the meds are workng and retaining your hair.

bm.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Wow, that's fantastic! Your crown, and entire head of hair, look stellar. I always thought crowns consumed a HUGE # of grafts, but you had a pretty large bald area & appear to have gotten a great amount of density w/a pretty nice #. It looks like you got on meds after most of your loss, correct? I wouldn't even think you had any loss now, judging by your pics.

Congrats & Thanks for Sharing Your Results! Z:B

E

El Nino

Valued member
Thanks NG2GB,

Yeah. I started balding around 20 and by the age of 24 I reached my Pre Op pic and remained that way.

Good Luck with your HT journey.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi El Nino

Where do you get your meds from?

Thanks bm.

E

El Nino

Valued member
Hi Bigmac,

I'm not using Rogaine anymore, but I got it from a website in the US.

I got the Finastride from United Pharmacies.com, I take Fincar the generic Proscar made by Cilpa.

I'm pretty sure it's genuine cos my hair is a lot healthier.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks El Nino

How much do you pay if you dont mind me asking.

Also why did you give up on the foam,was it not working or you having sides from it.

bm.

E

El Nino

Valued member
I paid about $100 USD for one hundred 5mg tabs which I cut into quaters. Really cheap.

I stopped the Foam cos it was getting really messy with more hair and it wasn't really working for me. All I noticed was it made my hair look and feel thicker after I applied it.

Although I do think it helped my HT grow in quicker. Dr. Rahal recommends to use it in his Post Op instructions.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thats so cheap El Nino

I`ll take a look at them and maybe contact them.

Thanks bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Wow. Great looking work. No evidence of hairloss now and has the option for so many different styles. Great to see some examples of crown work. Thanks for posting.

NN

E

El Nino

Valued member
Hi jm1973,

I don't know the exact length of my scar but it isn't from ear to ear. It runs from the back to above my right ear (the last pic). It is pencil thin and can only be seen when the hair is pushed up. I am really happy with it and it has never been a concern for me.