• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Excerpt of Dr. Ron Shapiro's FUE article- many thanks for the mention

[align=center]Excerpt from article written by Ron Shapiro, MD[/b][/align]

However the story does not end there. A handful of hair replacement physicians still believed that FUE could be a powerful tool if the problems could be worked out. They improved the instrumentation and technique dramatically over the last 5 years. Among the advancements were the use of smaller punches that decreased the incidence of the €œspotty scarring €; limited depth scoring that reduced transaction, motorized punches that made it easier to score the skin[/b]; a better understanding of the amount of extractions that can occur per area before scarring occurs; blunt dissection techniques, and many others. The result of these improvements have made it possible to perform FUE much more consistently with minimal damage to the grafts, more grafts per procedure, and less of the spotty scarring occurring in the donor area. Some of the physicians who were responsible for the improvements in this field include (in no particular order) Jim Harris, John Cole, Bill Rassman, Bob Bernstein, and Alan Feller. [/b]In essence we now have two very useful and powerful tools for removing grafts from the donor area. We have both strip harvesting and FUE. Both work quite well and both have their advantages and disadvantages. Some situations are perfect for the use of FUE while other are better suited for FUT. At Shapiro Medical Group (SMG) we feel it is good to be skilled in both techniques and be able to use the tool that is most appropriate for a patient €™s situation.

H

hairtech

Dr. Feller...

I heard you had a second version of your Feller FUE drill. Is this true? We sure would like to evaluate it. Thanks in advance.

Yes Thomas, I did produce a second version of the motorized tool. I suppose I'll always be adding improvements-sort of like Microsoft but without the "Vista" if you know what I mean.

I plan to visit Dr. Shapiro's clinic in the next few months and we'll all do some FUE surgery together and share tips and tricks.

I highly recommend looking into the fine work of Dr. Jose Lorenzo at Injertocapilar. Because while the motorized tools are good for scoring around the grafts, that's just one part of the FUE challenge, the other is the "delivery" of the graft and Dr. Lorenzo's techniques are unique and easy to adapt to. Dr. Lorenzo gave me a video of his techniques which I will bring on my visit.

Dr. Feller

H

hairtech

I actually cannot wait for you to come up here!
thanks for the reply Dr. Feller.

the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
Hey, when is this going on? I'm going to be there in December...I think Dr. Feller still owes me a beer from a while back Z:B

Let's see, Dr. Ron, Tom, Dr. Feller, me and a few others who cannot be named all going out??????????

'''h;h;;h

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Superb article, very informative and a very interesting read great post Dr Ron....thanks for the link bm i must have missed this first time round
;)

H

hairtech

Ya I think I should buy the beers! Wait a second... no you buy the beers Jason.)(_::::}{: