• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Eyelash loss

S

Sandra

Could someone please help out? I have lost my eyelashes on my right eyelid, and its stressing me out to the point i can`t bring myself to leave home.

What could be causing this?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi sandra welcome to the forum, from what ive read the main reasons seem to be alopecia, patients inadvertadly rubbing their eyes too much, possible thyroid problems. I really hope a doctor interjects here as im clearly no expert but if you are considering an eyelash transplant please be very cautious and do plenty of research as you only have the one pair.
Dr Epstein has some history of this procedure it might be worth consulting him. Good luck
Bullit
www.eyebrowtransplantation.com

S

Sandra

Thanks Bullitnut, i have looked at Alopecia as a possible cause and cancelled this out as i have only lost my lashes, no hairloss from other parts of my body. I may go get my Thyroid checked out just to be sure its not that.

I see there are some eyebrow transplants on show, what about eyelashes?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
False eyelashes would be a good option until you can do more research,have you any pictures you can post as i`ve not seen any before.

I hope you can find a solution.

Take care

bm.

J

jasikajohnson

This type of eyelash loss is generally accompanied by other parts of the body losing hair and should be treated by your physician,allergic reaction to the various skin and makeup products that you are applying to the area of your eyes,not use Waterproof mascaras can be very difficult to remove,avoiding stress can aid you in generating healthy beautiful eyelashes.

S

Salonsantamonica

There are a variety of serious and not so serious causes for this frustrating condition. These include injury to the eye, eye infections, allergic reactions involving the eye, and tumors involving the eyelids.If an underlying cause is found for your madarosis, correction of the medical problem may be enough to restore eyelashes to their normal growth state. Finding the underlying cause should be the first priority. If no medical cause can be found for eyelash loss, the type of mascara you're using on your lashes should be reviewed as well as how you're applying it and taking it off. Waterproof mascaras are notoriously difficult to remove without damaging eyelashes. Many women when removing waterproof mascara tug at their lashes which can cause damage and lash loss. If you have fragile eyelashes, it's best to avoid waterproof mascaras when possible. Using an oil based eye makeup remover and applying it without pulling at the lashes is the best means of taking off eye makeup.

Although there is a prescription medication called Xalatan that will promote re-growth of eyelashes, its safety is questionable. It's used in persons who have glaucoma to lower eye pressure and although it will promote hair growth, it can have serious side effects including changing your eye color and altering intraocular pressure. This type of drug is generally not recommended by most doctors due to safety concerns although you may want to discuss this issue with your own physician.

To improve the appearance of the face after loss of eyelashes, various makeup tricks can be used. One of the most effective is to simulate the look of eyelashes by lining the upper eyelid carefully with a liner that's a shade darker than your natural hair color. There's also the possibility of using false eyelashes which must be applied carefully to give a more natural look.

Once the reason for the loss of eyelashes if identified and corrected, the eyelashes should grow back in within six months. Until then, lid liner and false eyelashes can help to fill in the gaps.
it €™s not just about the service, it €™s about the EXPERIENCE. We at Kyle Mathis Hairdressing understand this and strive to create the supreme salon experience, one that will have you talking long after you walk out the door. "http://www.kylemathishairdressing.com"

Last edited:
S

SavanahAbare

Eyelash Growth Guru
Losing your eyelashes can be down to a number of different factors. Most commonly it is usually due to stress or poor eyelash practices.

If it is due to stress, address this issue immediately. What is it that is stressing you out? Can you control it? Have you explained your situation to a close friend, family member or even your doctor? The sooner you do this and bring down your stress levels, the sooner your eyelashes can have to chance to grow back successfully.

If your eyelashes have been lost due to poor makeup practices then the first thing you should do is stop these practices straight away before you start to lose any more eyelashes. You don't want to lose them on your left eye aswell. Put away your eyelash curlers and thick mascaras and stop sleeping with your makeup on.
Replace your eyelash makeup with natural oils such as castor oil and olive oil, applying these every night to your lashes for at least a month. Make sure you remove them in the morning with a good, reputable makeup remover.

Once you do these things you will start to see your eyelashes grow back. You wont need to go and get an eyelash transplant (which would cost $$$)! You just need to stick to these natural eyelash growth tips

J

Jharna

Dip cotton a castor oil and apply to eyelashes for 3 months your eye lashes will come back.

N

NeoGills

I hope Bullitnut suggest you quite well. btw you should use temporary eyelashes until your natural eyelashes grown up ...

A

A007A

for free consultation visit hair transplant in dubai hope it is more helpful for you

dino234

Anyone heard of this advert

Do you want to be a young? Do you want to look smart? Do you want healthy and smooth hair? We have a solution for you. Sequence Hair Club is the world's leading provider of hair restoration solutions that work for hair loss. Sequence ® Hair created a non-surgical and non-evasive method of increasing hair volume and/or hair length unlike anything in the beauty industry. Sequencing ® is a more advanced method of making hair fuller and or longer which actually imitates the way your hair grows out of your scalp. It allows human hair, one at a time, spread apart and evenly dispersed, to be blended in-between existing growth for a flexible, safe, virtually undetectable and very natural look.
Dino Dondiego, the owner of Sequence Hair, has over 30 years of expertise in the industry, is the inventor of the Blending Strand ® and has been featured on a number of radio and television shows, including Good Day New York, Eyewitness News, and America's Talking. The Blending Strand ® is composed of a unique substance that is as fine as one hair but about ten times stronger and more transparent. One human hair is hand-tied onto this unique Blending Strand ®. Then, the Blending Strand ® is fed in between the existing hair. This leaves the existing hair alone and increase hair volume and/or length.

No links allowed

S

Sandra

Thought I would pop on with a quick update on my situation. I went ahead with an eyelash transplant several months ago, I'm having to use false eyelashes until the transplanted hairs grow out, so far so good. ;)

M

MaryWBell

My lashes were ruined by fake lashes. Used Dermalmd Eyelash Growth Serum for over 3 weeks now and the lashes got so much better. Definitely worth it !!!