• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Fantastic response to Propecia

• Thread starter The Maitland Clinic
  • Start date
Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
This gives me hope. Did he say how long it was before he saw regrowth?

S

SeanFUE

This is great! Significant growth from medication. I must say, a lot if folks leave it 2-5 months into it when they face an initial shed. I’ll say it again, you need to fight the temporary shed and try it for at least a year to see the effects. It works well with a combo regimen- rogaine, finasteride, nizoral.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Kevboy,

This patient started noticing some positive effects after 2 months and just kept getting better.

I agree with Seanfue that many patients seem to give up too soon on the meds.

R

Risingforehead

Really hoping for similar myself but if it just slows my progression I'll still be much happier.

K

k-dog

Fantastic results.
I was thinking of starting on a course of Finasteride 1mg. Would it be wise to cut this into halfs or qurters to statrt with? Heard about the side effects so wanted to go for a low does first. Offten people say that they take the pill on a Mon, Wed, Fri bases as dont feel the need to take daily. Would this be a wise method to try? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

K

k-dog

Hi Kevboy,

This patient started noticing some positive effects after 2 months and just kept getting better.

How many years has this patient been suffering with hair loss? Does going on Finasteride at any stage of hair loss still give you a fighting chance?

K

k-dog

Hi Kevboy,

Would you say it would be okay to start on Finasteride without going to a Dr? You can easily buy it online like on here by just filling out some medical questions. Not sure what i should do. Thanks

C

Coopman

Valued member
I had similar results to this about 20 years ago when i started using Finasteride.

First couple of months i had loads of shedding of minitaurised hairs and my hair did look worse.

After about 4 months friends started commenting on how thicker my hair looked. At this stage i did not realise my hair was improving myself. The technology of being able to take daily photos was not about in those days.

After about 6 months whilst looking at Christmas photographs i really noticed the difference myself and at this stage i no longer needed a rear mirror to style my thinning hair at the crown.

If you have a lot of weaker thickened miniaturised hairs which the male in the video has this drug can work wonders and i would concur you need 12-24 months to see optimism results.

don1966

don1966

Valued member
That is amazing result! You would think he’d had a procedure done.