• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Female FUT Transplant experience at the Maitland Clinic

E

Emily Olivia

A few days ago I had my fut transplant at the Maitland Clinic and I’m so glad I went ahead with it as I can already tell that when the hair grows it will be life changing for me!
A bit of background - I’m 20 years old and was born with a raised hairline in my temporal areas which I hated when I tied my hair back. I became conscious of it as soon as I hit my teens and looks started to become more important to me and I realised that other girls had normal hairlines compared to mine so ever since then I’ve hidden it and now I’m an adult I wanted to do something about it. I hadn’t seen many women have transplants similar to mine but when I saw Diva and Laura’s results at the Maitland Clinic I just had to get myself in for a consultation! David and Dr Ball were so friendly and understanding and immediately I knew this was the right place for me to get this done. They also got my dads approval very quickly, so I thank them for that too!

I was nervous/excited for the day but honestly the hardest bit for me was having to wake up at 6am to get there!
Dr Ball takes his time to draw on the hairline and explains how he’ll make it look natural which is obviously very important. Going into surgery I was pretty relaxed everyone was so friendly and made sure I was comfortable at all times with plenty of food and water. The whole thing was painless apart from very quick numbing injections which really aren’t too bad at all and a small thing compared to all the new hair I’ll be getting! After the incisions are made it’s great to then hear Dr Ball and his team discuss the distribution of hairs, their attention to detail was amazing and further reassured me that I was in good hands. I fell asleep for many parts of the day too which I wasn’t expecting but that just proves how relaxing and painless it all was.
I’m only a few days into recovery but I’ve had absolutely no pain, only a small amount of swelling and everything seems to be healing nicely. I’m so excited for the new hair to grow and I cannot recommend the Maitland Clinic enough!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Emily.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.
Having a high hairline affects many women causing them to be insecure about their looks. Having a hair transplant to rectify this and give you more confidence is a popular choice.
It’s good to hear everything went well and your experience with The Maitland Clinic was a positive one.
How many grafts did you receive?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Those should make a great difference. Dr Ball does design and transplant very nice hairlines.
How are you finding sleeping with your FUT donor closure?

E

Emily Olivia

I’ve had no pain sleeping with the stitches, and I haven’t had to take any painkillers so it’s been pretty easy!

M

Mick From Farjo

Valued member
Hello Emily. There are lots of women with no hair loss who opt for surgery to address high foreheads. Having your hairline lowered will give you a great confidence boost with more styling options.
How are you progressing?