• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Female Patient, chrismas tree pattern, another case for DFU's - Dr. Paul Shapiro

Paul Shapiro MD

Paul Shapiro MD

Valued member
This 35 year old female patient has the classic female pattern balding in the €œChristmas Tree € pattern. The thinning starts behind the hairline and goes back in a triangular pattern, with the widest part of the thinning (the base of the Christmas Tree) behind the hairline.

I believe this patient is a good example in which we can achieve superior results using DFU €™s and FU €™s in combination as compared to using only FU €™s. Most women with this type of hair loss have very fine hair. Even their FU €™s with four hairs do not have much hair volume. Using DFU €™s in these patients look completely natural and adds a great deal of density to the central core area. You can see how the area where DFU €™s were used the hair looks very dense.

Because of her hair styling the photos are not an exact comparison, but give a good idea of what a hair transplant can accomplish in this type of female patient.

Since this transplant is only 6 months out she should continue to have some more hair growth.

Her hair graft count is as follows:

1 Hair FU 707 Hairs - 707
2 Hair FU 894 Hairs - 1788
3 Hair FU 116 Hairs - 348
4 Hair FU 20 Hairs - 80
4-6 Hair DFU 200 Hairs - 1,000
Total Grafts 1937 Total Hairs - 3923

In summary I do believe that being able to use DFU €™s are a valuable tool when performing transplants in the Female population.

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dr Paul

Is this xmas tree pattern quite common in female patients,its the first time i`ve heard of it.

The work looks very clean and i see you placed quite a few grafts in the hairline,do you have any pictures of her hairline.

Also for six months it looks very natural with no sign of DFUs to my untrained eye which is what most of the population would see imho.

Thanks bm.

Paul Shapiro MD

Paul Shapiro MD

Valued member
Thanks Bigmac. That pattern seems very common in women. I'm afraid we didn't take hairline pictures. I was trying to duplicate her before pictures, however, when she comes back for her 1 year follow up I will make sure we take some of the hairline.

Regards,

Dr. Paul

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
the use of DFU'S has certainly made a dramatic difference imo as this looks very dense and more importantly 100 percent natural, well done dr Paul ¬b`

best wishes bn

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Nice Work as usual Dr Paul...

Always a pleasure to see your results...

Tim