• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Finasteride 1mg

M

Madmac

Hello everyone

I have been on Finasteride for around 6/7 months with no result and would like to ask for anyone experiences on medication. Feel like my hair loss has increased slightly, thinning andmore scalp exposure (does shedding expose your bald patch more?).

I’m 27 years old with receding hairline for since I was around 18, also had fine/thin hair during that time and let’s damaging my self esteem increasing Social Anxiety and draining my life away.

Sorry to bring up a short life story there, I would appreciate anyone experiencing Finasteride who had few or good results.

Thank you, I hope everyone is safe and well.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
There is a high chance the Finasteride is working. What you probably are experiencing is a shed where your hair can look slightly worse. Try sticking with it for another 5 months to fully evaluate it.

M

Madmac

Hi

There is a high chance the Finasteride is working. What you probably are experiencing is a shed where your hair can look slightly worse. Try sticking with it for another 5 months to fully evaluate it.
Hi

Thanks for your feedback, I feel like my bald patch at the back is getting more expose. I will keep on it. Thanks, hope you have a good day.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any pictures showing before you started and now?
It is easy to forget where you once were with your hair loss. Taking pictures to compare really helps.

M

Madmac

Hi

I don’t have any pictures, sorry.
To anxious to take pictures.

Philw

Finesteride really just keep the hair u have left when u start it,
It just Thickens up the hair u have left
If u are lucky u will get crown and temples to slightly thicken up a abit
Need pics though

C

Coopman

Valued member
Madmac

As others have suggested Finasteride may already be working for you. You will probably not notice minor improvements but what you do notice over time is that your hair loss has either slowed down or stabilised. Expect to wait 1-2 years to get your full optimum results from Finasteride usage. Some people (the lucky ones) get improvements after 6 months but there is great variance.
Are you taking 1mg per day?

M

Madmac

Madmac

As others have suggested Finasteride may already be working for you. You will probably not notice minor improvements but what you do notice over time is that your hair loss has either slowed down or stabilised. Expect to wait 1-2 years to get your full optimum results from Finasteride usage. Some people (the lucky ones) get improvements after 6 months but there is great variance.
Are you taking 1mg per day?
Hi

thanks for your feedback, yes I’m taking 1mg a day.

Rikio01

Rikio01

It doesn't work for everyone, and for whom it does, it has different effectiveness. Personally, I've quit it after 7months of use 1mg/day without even slow down hair thinning. Byt I'm probably more of an exception than a rule, for many, it does work quite effectively.