• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Folliculitis-Ingrown hairs

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Folliculitis is quite common with hair transplant patients and newly implanted hairs.

The commonest sympton is a pimple in your recipient area which is sore to touch.The hair is trapped under the skin and may be in a coiled position.With more doctors now using the trico closure of your donor area Folliculitis is becoming more common as the hairs on the bottom layer of donor skin are trying to grow through the scar tissue.

If you do experience this,certain parts of your donor closure area may take a little longer to return to normal.

To treat this,simply apply a really warm damp cloth to the area at least three times a day,if it persists after 4-5 days you should contact your doctor and maybe antibiotics will be prescribed to help clear it up.

Hope this helps any patients who recently have had a hair transplant.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Nice bit of info to pass on, BM. Are you having some issues with ingrown hairs in the donor area? I'm certainly not a doctor but I think it might be caused by all the beers you drink.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I had a few in my crown back in May but i just left them and they went away.

Couldn`t help touching them though as they weren`t bad,just a little sore.

Beer is good for you,dont you know that.:)Z:BZ:BZ:BZ:B

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Yeah normal beer might be lol but not the foriegn muck you guys up there drink(newcastle brown ale) bm)(_::

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I had a few of them last night.

BN you got any folliculitis or is everything ok.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Not that i know of buddy wouldnt it be too early for me to get this?, ive got one very small red spot thats all. It was covered with dry skin then when i washed my hair this morning the dry skin flaked away to reveal this very small red spot/pimple about 3mm in diameter so maybe i dont know bud, but as its very small not sure and not fussed. Thats it the rest of my scalp seems to be healing great apart from being dry but i know this is normal.:)

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You can get them anytime mate but i`m glad everything is cool with you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve got one now in my vertical scar and its very sore to touch.

Will start applying the warm moist cloth to help it pop it.:)

bullitnut

bullitnut

yeah it really works that warm cloth method, mines gone now bm thanks for the advice dude, hope yours soon clears up:)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
After only a day applying the warm moist cloth i can feel the soreness going.

I reckon i`ll have a new little hair popping out in my scar tomorrow.:)

Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
I remember a friend getting a huge boil on his arse due to an ingrowing hair, it wasn't very nice!

Great advice BM! Z:B

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Did he show it to you,not a pretty thing to look at.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad he never showed it to you.How long did it take to get sorted out then.

T

Tanzinq

I had a hair transplant two months ago, cysts are still appearing in my recipient area - they are sore to touch and full of puss. They linger for seven to ten days even with the use of antibiotic cream, any suggestions on what I can do to prevent them? Rather than treat them.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Call your ht physician to report the cysts. They'll likely call in antibiotics to help clear it up. It sounds like you may also need Hibiclens (anticeptic wash) to clean it regularly until the cysts are gone as well.

Here's what the bottle of Hibiclens looks like:

Attachments

• 090312__23851_std.jpg
    090312__23851_std.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 2,699
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
From my experience aspirin works very well. The active ingredient in many over the counter remedies is the same salicylic acid. Just chew up an aspirin and spread it out saliva and all over the area.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Many in the medical profession probably cringe at applying saliva to a wound but I learned that from a very wise man. Since a great deal of my past work experience involved using straight edged razor blades daily along with other sharp tools it €™s only a matter of time before cutting injuries start appearing. It was always my instinct to stick my bloody finger in my mouth and apply pressure and I think that instinct was 100% right as it always felt like the right thing to do.

ScienceDaily (July 24, 2008) €” A report by scientists from The Netherlands identifies a compound in human saliva that greatly speeds wound healing. This research may offer hope to people suffering from chronic wounds related to diabetes and other disorders, as well as traumatic injuries and burns. In addition, because the compounds can be mass produced, they have the potential to become as common as antibiotic creams and rubbing alcohol.