• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE – The Hair Dr (Dr Arshad) – 2,671 grafts – 27/01/2021

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thanks for this Stephen - I appreciate the response, however both the patient journeys you have posted the link for are not independent - one is a doctor from your clinic and one is your patient rep. I can’t find any recent patient reported journeys from Basinga in the patient section of this forum that is entirely independent and shows the month on month patient journey.
I am not picking on your clinic in particular - I am just making a point that all clinics will showcase their best results but I only really trust those patient reported results where there is no conflict of interest.. thanks for your time and info.

https://www.hairlossexperiences.com/threads/4-700-grafts-fue-with-dr-bisanga-and-dr-kostis-bhr-brussels-–-no-fue-scars.10860/

U

User

Hang in there mate. I know the top up/2nd pass isn't ideal, but personally I see it as a positive, and one of the benefits of having it done in this country as having to travel to say Turkey for a top up would be gutting

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
8 Month Update:
It’s been a month of ups and downs in general with my hair. I had a wedding over the weekend and I had pinpointed this as one of my key post op dates where I should feel great about my hair - I didn’t, not without fibres/concealers.

I am definitely nowhere near I would want to be with it right now. But I will try to reserve judgement until the 12 month mark.

Based on a study done at the Hair Dr clinic and then posted onto their Instagram page, I thought it was worth me comparing myself vs this, note I was also not taking finasteride until the last few weeks:
View attachment 26756
View attachment 26757

Based on this chart on average I should be two thirds of the way there now at 66%. I need significant growth over the next month looking at the phases, or simply my result has been poor to date. But once again I will reserve judgement until month 12.

8 Month Pics:
View attachment 26760
View attachment 26761

View attachment 26762
View attachment 26763

The growth charts are rough averages. We all grow at different rates but if we do go by this average, then your growth is lagging behind. Regardless of what everyone says, you’ll be concerned, it’s human nature. You still have 4 months left before you should see what in effect should be your result with the possibility of a little more growth and hair maturity. Some patients do experience a very late burst of growth. It’s a small percentage, but it happens. Let’s hope this is the case for you.
The debate and opinions on this thread have been well noted. We will keep this thread focused on your progress and supporting you.
Wishing you some good growth.
Bm.

H

HTL33

Thank you to everyone for the comments, it’s good to get a range of views and read about everyone’s experiences.

I want to be honest as I feel speaking out may help others. I am finding that as the days go on I am struggling more to come to terms with this.

Everything I’ve read from experts in this field reiterate what some of what BM has wrote above - I have a tiny chance now of getting the result I was sold.

Waiting another 4 months to see little chance change seems pointless. This is incredibly tough to take.

L

lmidge

Thank you to everyone for the comments, it’s good to get a range of views and read about everyone’s experiences.

I want to be honest as I feel speaking out may help others. I am finding that as the days go on I am struggling more to come to terms with this.

Everything I’ve read from experts in this field reiterate what some of what BM has wrote above - I have a tiny chance now of getting the result I was sold.

Waiting another 4 months to see little chance change seems pointless. This is incredibly tough to take.
Sorry to have you as the guinea pig, but this is now how you find out how good a firm is. Is how they treat their customers when things dont go right.

I have seen your results and i would to be very disappointed. I wonder what factors they put it down to?!

H

HTL33

I have not been given any reasons why which is so concerning for me. That’s not how my brain works, so to be offered a top up with no explanation is really tough to process.

I would say that the aftercare is good, I know I can call / message at any point and get a response. However ultimately it’s the result that matters.

M

My2021story

@HTL33 i am in the same position as you and a few others. I’m 10 months in and hoping for further improvement but am coming to terms that this is not going to happen. Very frustrating as I feel I have been let down having spent a lot of money and used a large number of precious grafts for little return. To make matters worse, there appear to be a lot of people in our situation