• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE and SMP combination which way round?

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

If i was after a short shaven look with FUE as well as SMP which would i need to do first?
Logic says to me that the scalp pigmentation is best done first because the transplant would need a year to grow.
What worries me is the scabbing after the FUE surgery and the incisions during the transplant, could these damage the SMP underneath?
Which way round is best?
TIA

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That is a good question. It does sound logical that if you had Smp first the dots may be damaged when incisions are made or they may be pulled together when incisions or extractions are healing.

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Could you not ask one of the clinics that do both for their opinion?
Which type of pigmentation are you planning on getting?

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Hi,
We offer both SMP and FUE hair restoration.

To answer your question.

Have SMP done first. Then wait about 2-3 months before having an FUE hair transplant.

Going the other way around would mean waiting about a year after a FUE hair transplant in order to get SMP done.

Hope this helped.

bart

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I agree with the guys on here...I'm pretty sure there's a few combo results on this forum too dude if you have a look round.

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Prohairclinic wrote:
Hi,

To answer your question.

Have SMP done first. Then wait about 2-3 months before having an FUE hair transplant.

Going the other way around would mean waiting about a year after a FUE hair transplant in order to get SMP done.

Hope this helped.

bart
Why the 2-3 months wait? i imagine it is to let things settle with the pigmentation.
Does it really take so long to settle down though or is there another reason?
Just wandered ;)

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
baldasabadger10 wrote:
Prohairclinic wrote:
Hi,

To answer your question.

Hope this helped.

bart
Why the 2-3 months wait? i imagine it is to let things settle with the pigmentation.
Does it really take so long to settle down though or is there another reason?
Just wandered ;)

I imagine it's to let things heal properly..Although it's not major surgery a tattoo is still a wound and takes time to heal properly. I'm sure a few months won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things dude and it's better to be safe than sorry. Not worth risking damaging the SMP or risking any healing problems with the FUE by having surgery too quickly imo.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Yes, it takes time for the skin to heal, even after a non surgical SMP.
In general you don't want to rush things when it comes to hair procedures, it usually does not work well trying to force things.
Bart

M

mania

I think you don't need to be confused by the disperse ideas of people that they think I would suggest you need to get proper consultation from the surgeon before you the transplantation surgery..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It would be nice to see some examples of these scenarios.