• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE performed by Dr. Feriduni – 1926 FU in a single day session

Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Representative Dr. Feriduni
Follicular Unit Extraction performed on a 37 year old Caucasian male with:

- NW I-II Class N
- Donor density of ~104 FU/cm2 in the occipital donor region and ~84 FU/cm2 in the temporal donor regions
- Hair diameter of ~55-65 microns

Treatment plan:

FUE procedure with 1200-1600 FU to reconstruct the hairline and temporal recessions

Performed procedure (November 12th , 2012):

A Follicular Unit Extraction with 1926 FU in a single day session:

* 510 single hair FU
* 1416 double and triple hair FU

Extraction performed with a 0.9mm FUE punch with CIT Manual Punch Handle. No microscopic preparation of the follicular unit grafts;
Parallel incisions (single, double and triple units) were made in custom-sized blades technique (~Cutting Edge blades of 0.8mm 0.9mm).

Dr. B. Feriduni

Z

ziggs11

Valued member
Very nice as usual. Especially like the donor, really no sign of any work even when short.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
The Result is Brilliant and I have to be honest temple work just looks so good , I have to get this done when I get the time .

Great Work by the Dr and his Team ¬b`

D

H

HairHunter

Valued member
Lads i have a quick n maybe stupid question!

Since the introduction of the lateral slit technique why do doctors still need to place only singles in the hairline? Will a multi graft placed in a laterial slit not just look like 2 or 3 singles close together?

D

drmwamba

Valued member
Even with lateral slits , some hairs exit the skin hole as a cluster of 2 hairs or 3 hairs ;and if that's the case , it will look pluggy .
Personnally , when I am using body hairs from legs or tigh , they are usually 2 or 3 hairs grafts far apart .And when you graft them , they don't look pluggy and blend nicely in the hair line .
I do not take the same risk with scalp hairs .But if you can find a graft of two or three hairs , thin in caliber and exiting the skin individually , then you can use it in the frontal hair line .
NB We also avoid to put single hair , dark and coarse in the frontal hair line for the same reason .Hair line has to be soft for a good transition between the bare skin from the face to the full coverage on top .

H

HairHunter

Valued member
Thanks for the great response Dr. Mwamba, makes perfect sense. From experience what % of multi grafts from the head are clustered and what % exit the skin seperately?rough estimate of course! If you could cherry pick the multi grafts that are exiting the skin seperately it would give great coverage and illusionto a patient looking for a short buzzed hairstyle.

D

drmwamba

Valued member
I just pull 10 patients and count their grafts .In my sample , only 10 to 12 % of hairs exit the skin individually .
For a 3000 grafts case , we usually need around 300 to 400 grafts which is also about 10 % .But it will take you so much time to cherry pick those grafts just for that purpose .I will prefer to cut some grafts to make it up my numbers .

H

HairHunter

Valued member
Thanks for the response Dr. Mwamba. Great to have a better understanding of how you create your hairlines.

Dr. Feriduni

Dr. Feriduni

Representative Dr. Feriduni
drmwamba wrote:
Even with lateral slits , some hairs exit the skin hole as a cluster of 2 hairs or 3 hairs ;and if that's the case , it will look pluggy .
Personnally , when I am using body hairs from legs or tigh , they are usually 2 or 3 hairs grafts far apart .And when you graft them , they don't look pluggy and blend nicely in the hair line .
I do not take the same risk with scalp hairs .But if you can find a graft of two or three hairs , thin in caliber and exiting the skin individually , then you can use it in the frontal hair line .
NB We also avoid to put single hair , dark and coarse in the frontal hair line for the same reason .Hair line has to be soft for a good transition between the bare skin from the face to the full coverage on top .

Dr Mwamba is correct with his explanation.
Thank you everyone for your kind comments.