• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Fue white dot scarring - how to fix it?

B

Bobjoe

I have terrible fue scarring after 3000 grafts and wonder what I can do about it. My growth was very poor so I need atleast additional 1000 grafts to fill in the thin area.

Problem is that I have poor donor area left, combined with really noticeable white dots. I had it done over a year ago.

Anyone have any good ideas?

I have following thoughts:

1. Fraxel laser to see if the white dots blend out - however I am sceptical to how much difference in color it actually will do but I think it can help to smooth out the skin a bit since I have a bit of golfball surface from where the grafts where taken.

2. Make a slit in the white dot scar from where the graft where taken and fill it with Acell to make new tissue growth - however this is highly experimental and Im not sure if it would actually work.

3. Bodyhair to the white dot scars - but this would not solve the problem of the missing pigment so it will still be white dots.

4. UV lighting to get the white dot scars to get some colour - but this will only be a temporary effect as far as I understand so its not really a solution.

Any help would be highly appreciated since I am open for all suggestions.

Thank you

T.C

T.C

Why dont you grow it a bit longer and you wont notice the dots.Maybe have it grade 2/3. Most people will have dots and gaps if they shave right down after fue and its never advisable to get any work done if you intend to shave all way down. If you fill gaps with BH the white dots would not be so noticable surely as the gap is gone or not so obvious. How about getting your repair done first then looking into micropigmentation with someone like h.i.s hair,they have a guys donor area with before and after photos who had dots and looks good on their site.

B

Bobjoe

Thank you for your answer.

I cant keep the hair longer since the area where the grafts where put are too thin, or the density is really bad. Also the angles of the grafts look very strange, so even if I had good density from the procedure I would have to keep the hair a bit longer.

So should I fill in the front area more and loose more of my already thinned donor area? The white dots will be even easier to spot then even if I at this point would be able to let the hair grow ( after a second procedure to fill in the low density in the front).

The problem was that I had a not so good donor area from the very first start, combined with a doctor that used a big extraction tool, this made me a very bad candidate for HT from the beginning. This doctor is one of the so called top docs and have a almost perfect reputation, but It turned out that he did not care so much as long as he got his money.

I don't want to name him at this point for a couple of reasons.

Micropigmentation seems like a wild card that could either make it much better or much worse.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Last edited:
T.C

T.C

If I understand you right you have to shave whole head down to hide poor density and misangled grafts ? then it will be hard to hide white dots at back. You need to go see other docs to get their opinion on your donor and what can be safely taken and get your best options to move ahead.If they took 3000 grafts you will have more to use I am sure and using a better extraction plan and small tools their are few people who cant be fixed up these days.If you get fixed and can grow hair little longer white dots are easy to hide even with buzz cut.Get some more opinions and take your time.I think you should look to fix the hairline if possible depending on what advice you get.I have a few dodgy areas of donor after poor fue but its not really noticable to anyone but you have to get it looked at to see what is possible.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Try posting some pictures. Maybe it's not as bad as you think.

How large was the punch and was it a hand punch? Did you know about punch sizes before you had the procedure?

B

Bobjoe

How can I read PM? I cant find it anywhere and when I log in it says PM disabled - when I click this to change it a box appear that says " You do not have permission to perform this action"??

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Could you post some pictures on your donor area please, then we will have a clearer picture of what you`re facing.

Thanks bm.

ps,you can now pm.

B

Bobjoe

I don't have a camera at this moment but here is a picture of a similar pattern except my dots covers a bigger area and are even more visible in some lightnings than you can tell from the pic.

Attachments

• whitedots.jpg
    whitedots.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 43,947
B

Bobjoe

Notice also the line between the donor are and the untouched area, exactly like I have.

T.C

T.C

I think to be able to shave down that short you need a low scalp to hair colour contrast for it to look o.k and I have only seen a few people pull it off.As far as the size of the dots go the above photo is not so bad as some I have seen and if he grew it a bit you would not see anything, but the pattern start line is obvious this short not just to him but likely the general public as well and hard to explain. Do you intend to see other doctors in future and get your situation addressed ?.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
When you say 3000 grafts,is that how many were extracted or how many were planted.Reason being is that you most likely had less than 3000 extractions and follicle groupings were split to make more grafts for your hairline etc.

B

Bobjoe

I had 3000 grafts planted.

How many grafts would you say have been extracted from the man on the picture assuming that the dots stops where the picture ends?

G

Galileo

Bobjoe wrote:
I had 3000 grafts planted.

How many grafts would you say have been extracted from the man on the picture assuming that the dots stops where the picture ends?
I would estimate anywhere between 1000 and 1500 grafts.

whitedotsred.jpg

Twice as much (2nd FUE procedue), and the game would be almost over for this man.

H

hairtech

That punch size was a monster. What size was this? And this is not 3000 grafts. Just as Bigmac mentions your grafts may have been split to get that kind of number.

And to honest... just from this picture your donor density looks fine. At least it was probably really good before the surgery.

However I showed Dr. Shapiro your picture and he says in his opinion the micropigmentation could be a good option for you. Because they use micro "dots" you they would put 2-3 dots in each hole (using a shading that fits you).

In my opinion, I do think you could get another session done in around what you have gotten done thus far to correct what you have in your recipient. However you will have to demand to know the punch size and also have an extensive consultation with the doctor making sure that the extractions are going to have to be:

1. Conservative within the previous extraction sites.

2. Use every part of the safe and maybe the unsafe zones such as the nape... in order to equalize the donor area... sort of spread it further across the donor.

Last edited:
F

FUE GUY

valued member
Bobjoe. One of my main concerns is scarring, did you find a solution to your predicament ?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Would be good to hear back if you still read the forums.