• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair count per graft numbers?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Is there any advantages of having more hairs per graph.

For example can a 2 hair graph be thicker than a 4 hair graph? I’ve just had my HT and my donor area is very think and I was thinking I’d have a lot of 4 hair graphs but I had none and only 400 3 hair graphs. My 2 hair graphs were high and the Dr said I had good graphs. I was just under the impression more hairs per graph would be thicker?

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
More hairs per graft certainly help to give more fullness and is a reason why body hair that contains mostly 1 or 2 hairs per follicular unit will give less fullness than scalp units of 2 or 3 for example. You won't use the higher groups in the hair line but when placed strategically they can help and it seems you had a good number of 3 haired units so that is good. Usually on a hair line and frontal third the averages are around 2.2 for hairs per follicular unit. A 4 haired unit is thicker than a 2 haired on the same person and these multiple haired units are from the richer rear occipital area usually and thicker genetically than sides and nape etc.

All the best and be good to see the work done and by who...wishing you good healing and growth!

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Here is the break down of my graphs

Attachments

• 63CB6F55-2033-4E6E-9BF3-C12B34B03CD6.jpeg
    63CB6F55-2033-4E6E-9BF3-C12B34B03CD6.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 168
sl

sl

Count all of the hairs to make a total of them and then divide by the number of grafts....Example, if you have one 1x hair graft, one 2x and one 3x, you have 6 hairs and 3 grafts, so total would be 2.0 ....6 hairs/3 grafts = 2.0

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Count all of the hairs to make a total of them and then divide by the number of grafts....Example, if you have one 1x hair graft, one 2x and one 3x, you have 6 hairs and 3 grafts, so total would be 2.0 ....6 hairs/3 grafts = 2.0
My total is coming out as 1.79?

6681 / 3727 = 1.79 am I doing something wrong

sl

sl

No, sorry when I gave a quick glance initially I thought you were over 2.2. You have had a good number of 2 and 3 but a lot of singles for that amount of grafts in terms of percentage and that then brings the average down. Probably the make up of your donor is like that no 4s etc. Still should make a nice result for you for the amount of graft used.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
No, sorry when I gave a quick glance initially I thought you were over 2.2. You have had a good number of 2 and 3 but a lot of singles for that amount of grafts in terms of percentage and that then brings the average down. Probably the make up of your donor is like that no 4s etc. Still should make a nice result for you for the amount of graft used.
I hope so, I have got a little worried about this the past few days. From looking at my hairs close up in the mirror it seems the doctor has done a good job and they are quite packed in. My donor area is very thick and my hairdresser always comments on how fast and thick it grows that’s why I was puzzled that I didn’t have any 4’s.

sl

sl

Not all do and donor density i.e the number of FU per cm2 is not dependent upon 4s as such but how many FU present. So, your make up can be like that and we have seen patients who have mostly 1s and 2s for example. The design of the hair line and circumference also play a part in how many singles needed so I wouldn't overly worry. You can have a dense donor with no 4s and several factors play the part including hair coarseness etc.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Not all do and donor density i.e the number of FU per cm2 is not dependent upon 4s as such but how many FU present. So, your make up can be like that and we have seen patients who have mostly 1s and 2s for example. The design of the hair line and circumference also play a part in how many singles needed so I wouldn't overly worry. You can have a dense donor with no 4s and several factors play the part including hair coarseness etc.
Thats good to know thank you for sharing this knowledge. It’s a scary time waiting for things to grow.

Reactions: sl