• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Ecosystem--Fact or Fiction

spectrader

spectrader

Valued member
Carole and I wanted to resolve a little disagreement.

I am under the belief that when you shave chest hair, facial hair (eye brows)...or leg hair, it will grow back thicker and coarser. She doesn't think it makes any difference.

Who is right? If she is right, case is close. If it is true, why doesn't it work on the top of our heads?

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
No thats not true, otherwise we would all be shaving our heads.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

spectrader wrote:
Carole and I wanted to resolve a little disagreement.

I am under the belief that when you shave chest hair, facial hair (eye brows)...or leg hair, it will grow back thicker and coarser.
Your right. case closed. But, if you get it waxed it will thin it out majorly; don't ask me how I know this...c;;9 Don't know why it doesn't work for the top of our heads, perhaps because our body hair wasn't intended to be shaved (?) -AND- DHT isn't in play w/body hair.

PS what is this 'hair ecostystem' stuff? I thought this was going to be some post about people claiming the alleged "global warming" is making us all bald ;;D

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
This is a myth as if it grew back courser we would all have extremely hairy beards.

Not to mention lots of women sporting a nice tashe.

;)

spectrader

spectrader

Valued member
Bigmac wrote:
This is a myth as if it grew back courser we would all have extremely hairy beards.

Not to mention lots of women sporting a nice tashe.

;)

Bm,

You haven't met my ex girlfriend.......;)

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe you can post a picture of her.

bm.

H

hairtech

lol!!! I used to shave my leg hairs when i was a competative runner when i was 25... for 3 years (now 38 and do not competative run nor shave my legs) and my leg hairs never grew back in any significant courseness. *nl

In my opinion the courseness and shaving has to do with shaving the face but even saying this... look at pictures of Jesus. His beard looks like his scalp hair... after some period of time.

Last edited: