• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Growth Results from Rogaine Foam and Finasteride

janna

janna

Valuable Member
We know there are varying degrees to which the meds effect each patient. If you are able to keep hairs from falling out - that is a very positive effect, but it is seldom appreciated until meds are stopped and patients start to see more hairloss. From our experience at SMG, the two meds (rogaine foam and finasteride) seem to work the best together at slowing or even a halt to hair loss. And as you can see by these fortunate patients, it can regrow hairs (not just to the crown) . We strongly encourage each patient who consult with us to get on the two meds before considering surgery. We've had few patients who have cancelled because of the meds. I believe the meds also aid in achieving a better result from a ht surgery as well.

No products or surgeries - just the effect from meds:

FINASTERIDE-MENexample7.jpg

FINASTERIDE-MENexample3.jpg

AT618MONTHS.jpg

FINASTERIDE-MENexample.jpg

FINASTERIDE-MENexample2.jpg

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Janna

From those results it seems that both meds are worth trying. I definately know my crown and mid have improved since starting on Proscar (finasteride) just over a year ago... I had been using Rogaine foam once a day for about the last 8 months.. I am not sure if it has helped or not but I think its worth sticking with as I have decided its not worth stopping as I am sure its not doing any harm.

I only use it once a day as I am sure when I tried it twice daily I was shedding...

I do think that anything that has been proven to help with MPB is worth using.... who knows, these current meds may just buy time until something else is found..

Just my opinion...

timuk

timuk

and to show what I believe is the effect of Proscar (finasteride) here are a couple of comparison shots taken about 8 months apart..

Immediately before taking Proscar

Attachments

• Jan 4th 08.jpg
    Jan 4th 08.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 51,818
timuk

timuk

and another taken after 8 months on Proscar...

the difference is not as great as the picture shows... lighting etc etc... but you can see there is a good improvement

Attachments

• Sept 4th 08.jpg
    Sept 4th 08.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 50,949
Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Tim, the picture shows a tremendous improvement but you say it's not quite as good in person? In any case, it's a positive effect if the meds are able to retain your native hairs and it's a huge bonus if they regrow some native hairs like it has for you. Very happy for you that you are getting positive effects from them. :)

You may just become one of my "poster boys" for getting positive effects from the two meds.

timuk

timuk

Janna...

You can use me as a poster boy anytime you want

Just dont tell NN.... [):h::

Reactions: LM_
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Awww, thanks Timbo.

I may have to use NN as a poster boy for Half Brains - it's amazing just how much they can accomplish despite being half brains......lol. Actually, I can use you for that too.......ha,ha. I'll keep quiet as this will be me in the middle if we three were in a room. '''ss''

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Janna any updates from these guys?

3rd patients after picture is very dark.

thanks bm.

Waylander

Waylander

Too Many Minds - No Mind
Hi Sparky,

It's said that Rogaine/Regaine/Minoxidol (same thing, Minoxidol) don't work on the temple area, and more on the crown and vertex of the scalp. Which I've found to be true. I used it for years, and did get some quite good results - i.e. less hairloss and more re-growth, even at the front (widows peak), but not at the temples. I hear it does work well with Finasteride as the pics kindly posted by Janna show - But I haven't tried Fin., and I even decided to stop using Regaine/Rogaine months ago. Now I shave my head, well, I shear it No:1 cut.

But I may rethink that decision, I'm seriously thinking of trying Finisteride too... These results are very good. And without HT.

WL

Last edited:
S

Sams

Tremendous results. Timuk, I realise you posted a long time ago but if you still read, have you any further updates?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Don't want to speak for Tim.... but i know that he is a very busy guy so if he doesn't find the time to reply it won't be intentional dude...;)

would be good to hear from Timbo though

Nutster

J

jasonsmith941

Hey,
This is Jason Smith here.... I have just join this forum site.... Great information found here about Hair loss...
Thanks for sharing.....

H

hdude46

Valued member
Janna,

I started using rogaine foam about a month ago b/c of the strong endorsement of it made by smg. i am using it once a day like you directed. i feel like i'm going through a 'shed' even at once a day. is this normal/ to be expected and should i take this as a good sign? thanks!

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Difficult to say if it's a good or bad sign but I have heard a lot of patients say they went through a short (a month or two) of "shed phase" when starting out using both meds. Good luck. Hope it has a really positive effect on you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
My hair sometimes looks thinner which i put down to shedding, within a week or two its back to normal.

I only take Proscar though.

T

tahirsplace

janna wrote:
Difficult to say if it's a good or bad sign but I have heard a lot of patients say they went through a short (a month or two) of "shed phase" when starting out using both meds. Good luck. Hope it has a really positive effect on you.

Hi Janna,

I have uploaded a pic and I am a 24 year old male. Furthermore I have receieved advice on here to hold back on a procedure.

As such what combination of meds do you think would work best for me? I have heard a lot about Regaine and Propecia (finasteride) and others but they're just words to me to be honest. Please help :)

Attachments

• Top (2).jpg
    Top (2).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 43,564
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi User123,

The combination we've seen that get the best effect is using 1mg finasteride daily w/rogaine foam used once a day. The rogaine foam should be applied throughout the top and crown.

T

tahirsplace

janna wrote:
Hi User123,

The combination we've seen that get the best effect is using 1mg finasteride daily w/rogaine foam used once a day. The rogaine foam should be applied throughout the top and crown.
Thanks Janna. And how long do you suggest I stick at it for atleast before I decide whether its working or not?

I do understand within the first few months you may expercience loss of hair but it will grow back. So long as in the long run lets say 6months-1year the meds wouldnt have added to the hair loss, is that correct?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Testing the meds for the first two months is basically checking for side effects. Most patients do not see any signs of growth at this stage. If no sides, then give it 6+months to see if it's holding onto your native hairs and possibly regrow and thicken miniaturized hairs. I heard patients say with Rogaine use, they may see some shedding at the beginning but they end up seeing those hairs come back.

Good luck.