• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Growth Results from Rogaine Foam and Finasteride

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Dazzster, I'm pleased you stuck with the meds as you're having a great positive result as seen in your pictures.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Janna Its fanatstic the pictures say it all and thank you for your advice, I have learned so much since joining this forum and actually taken the advice as well , you just got to keep reading the articles that members put in , I am going to start the thread on my last procedure , because its the crown am going to make it a new topic but i am sticking with the meds right through

Thanks again Janna its been a tuff week

Cheers Darren

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
I'm very sorry about your friend, it's awful. Take your time with the pics.

W

westone

Thanks Janna for documenting these case studies, there is hope where once there was none.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`m thinking of giving Rogaine Foam another try as I`m pretty sure the Finasteride I take is losing some of its effectiveness after 10 years of usage. My hair seems a little thinner which has got me thinking whether to try again or not.

Seeing results like the ones on this thread provide a lot of encouragement to give it a go.

ps, I`ve not suffered any sides whilst I`ve been on Finasteride which is a good thing.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi all ..
I've been back on fin and rogain foam for a year after packing them both in for 6 months ... Have to say that I'm now back to where I was before I stopped. Very happy with the results and wish I'd never stopped .... I now realise how much both were helping me.
I have often stopped using the foam over the past 7 years and I've always noticed a difference ...
Am definitely sticking to constant use of both.
One thing I will say is that I only apply the foam once a day (at night) and this seems just as effective as when I used it both morning and night... Upside is that a can lasts 2 months ..
As for side effects ... Apart from massive boobs and an urge to wear dresses at the weekends and becoming a monk... had none at all 😉
Seriously I have not experienced any 👍🏼

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tim, good to see you back and glad you`ve regained the hair you lost whilst you stopped using the meds. Hope life is treating you good.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Cheers BM ...
Never forget you guys (and gal) ... or the help you lot gave me :)Life is good ...
Really glad to see the forum doing well and helping so many people ..
Can't believe it's now 7 and a half years since my repair !! Older and wiser (and hairier) now mate 😉
Hope all good with you, BN and Janna...
Tim

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You`re welcome Tim, its what its all about helping each other.

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
if you guys check out Dr,berstien website ,he has a section of patients with results from meds and rogaine. its one of the few sites ive found that had meds result shown.im not sure if you can post other sites , bigmac ,im sorry if its not allowed, I thought it might help those looking for results from meds only ,as they are hard to find.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Some good info there Sad, unfortunately something we don't see a lot if on the forums is result pics from meds alone...threads like this seem to be few and far between which is a shame as it would definitely benefit others if users posted their needs results pics.
I think it's because a lot of people who go on meds go on to have a HT pretty soon after so we don't get to see meds results.

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
Its also hard to find results from PRP treatments only. I know some clinics offer this as a treatment for hairloss ,but its very hard to find results .[):h::

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
SADbutTRUE wrote:
Its also hard to find results from PRP treatments only. I know some clinics offer this as a treatment for hairloss ,but its very hard to find results .[):h::
Good point dude

A

andy7373

I started using Finasteride thanks to a good friend €™s recommendation and the truth is it €™s working very well. I already got some of my crown hair back and I feel that, in fact, my hair €™s stopped falling out so much.

.No links allowed

M

morisdon

Instructions say “Not for hairline use” “Top of scalp only”. Ignore that. If it works for beards it’ll work anywhere. From what I’ve noticed after four months, My hairline is seeing more results than my scalp. They say don’t make any judgements until at least six months. That may also be true. But so far, 4 months in, my hairline is making much more progress. They are 100% correct about using Minoxidil 5% (Rogaine) twice a day. If you slack, or fail to follow a daily process you’ll cheat yourself and blame the product. Be consistent. If not, you’ll be disappointed. So far, from what I’ve seen my “Hairline” is making tremendous progress. My scalp, not as quickly. But my scalp is definitely seeing progress. Just not as immediately as my hairline. My hair in general. Stronger, thicker better looking. Ratings: Hairline B+. Top of scalp C+/B- . Why scientist believe it’s only for top of scalp treatment im unsure of. When they know damn well it works. All over. 4stars. I’ll check back in 2 months.

M

Moko

Instructions say “Not for hairline use” “Top of scalp only”. Ignore that. If it works for beards it’ll work anywhere. From what I’ve noticed after four months, My hairline is seeing more results than my scalp. They say don’t make any judgements until at least six months. That may also be true. But so far, 4 months in, my hairline is making much more progress. They are 100% correct about using Minoxidil 5% (Rogaine) twice a day. If you slack, or fail to follow a daily process you’ll cheat yourself and blame the product. Be consistent. If not, you’ll be disappointed. So far, from what I’ve seen my “Hairline” is making tremendous progress. My scalp, not as quickly. But my scalp is definitely seeing progress. Just not as immediately as my hairline. My hair in general. Stronger, thicker better looking. Ratings: Hairline B+. Top of scalp C+/B- . Why scientist believe it’s only for top of scalp treatment im unsure of. When they know damn well it works. All over. 4stars. I’ll check back in 2 months.

A long shot I know but do you have pictures showing the improvements to your hairline?