• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair transplant advice

D

DrAhmadChaudhry

No need to be afraid of if hair transplant performed by a qualified, experienced hair restoration surgeon.

Philw

I thought that, i was told he was best in the world by spexs
Just so much excuses and bullshit when it does not work out how u wanted it, and 9 out of 10 times it dont
Ive had 3 hair transplants not happy at all
But up 2 u mate
Good luck u will need 8t
Belive me

S

Scottdog

No need to be afraid of if hair transplant performed by a qualified, experienced hair restoration surgeon.
Thanks how many have you had please if you don't mind me asking,and location,mines booked in London.

B

Bobbins

Will do some photos at some point, would not getting a transplant be better than pumping my self full of medication then,
The others are trying to encourage you to do more research so that you can ask your broker questions that will prove they’re the right people for you.

To help shortcut that a little bit:

1) without drugs it’s very likely your remaining hair will fall out too. How much will depend on your genetics but a good doctor will be able to ascertain that and use your donor wisely. Are you prepared for further transplants if you do lose more hair?

2) you are probably suitable for a hair transplant. However, it’s only possible to determine that by examining your donor (preferably under magnification) to check whether the hair is beginning to miniaturise, and get a good indication of how many grafts can be extracted.

3) the 8500 figure you received is probably the average hairs that can be transplanted. However, it’s highly unlikely that’d be done in one procedure. It’s more likely than 3-4K will be possible in a day. If you need 8.5k then you need more than one procedure.

4) hair transplantation is an art as much as a science - it gives the illusion of a full head of hair but uses far fewer hairs than you were born with (it’s relocation not adding hairs). It’s therefore important that your doctor is skilled at determining an appropriate placement, direction and density of hairs, while being responsible with your limited supply of follicles.

In summary, it’s best to understand all of this and be comfortable in your doctor before going ahead.

We’re not saying you’re making the wrong choice. However, it’s hard for you to work out whether you’ve chosen the best doctor for you without knowing a little more about what the procedure entails.

You need to think long term so you not only get a good result now, but are confident you can keep it in the future too.

Good luck with your research and choices.

S

Scottdog

The others are trying to encourage you to do more research so that you can ask your broker questions that will prove they’re the right people for you.

To help shortcut that a little bit:

1) without drugs it’s very likely your remaining hair will fall out too. How much will depend on your genetics but a good doctor will be able to ascertain that and use your donor wisely. Are you prepared for further transplants if you do lose more hair?

2) you are probably suitable for a hair transplant. However, it’s only possible to determine that by examining your donor (preferably under magnification) to check whether the hair is beginning to miniaturise, and get a good indication of how many grafts can be extracted.

3) the 8500 figure you received is probably the average hairs that can be transplanted. However, it’s highly unlikely that’d be done in one procedure. It’s more likely than 3-4K will be possible in a day. If you need 8.5k then you need more than one procedure.

4) hair transplantation is an art as much as a science - it gives the illusion of a full head of hair but uses far fewer hairs than you were born with (it’s relocation not adding hairs). It’s therefore important that your doctor is skilled at determining an appropriate placement, direction and density of hairs, while being responsible with your limited supply of follicles.

In summary, it’s best to understand all of this and be comfortable in your doctor before going ahead.

We’re not saying you’re making the wrong choice. However, it’s hard for you to work out whether you’ve chosen the best doctor for you without knowing a little more about what the procedure entails.

You need to think long term so you not only get a good result now, but are confident you can keep it in the future too.

Good luck with your research and choices.
Really appreciate that,nice to hear what others have to say my hair line has not done much for about 10years iv not noticed it getting worse,but I'm sure your right will lose more.
Thank you

Philw

Trust me if u have a transplant it will trigger off more hairloss around the areas
Its called shockloss but mine never came back ie had to have another transplant to fill in that area etc etc

B

Bobbins

Really appreciate that,nice to hear what others have to say my hair line has not done much for about 10years iv not noticed it getting worse,but I'm sure your right will lose more.
Thank you
Hairs usually don’t just drop out, they miniaturise - they’re impacted by DHT and get thinner and weaker over time until eventually they stop growing. An assessment would give you an indication as to whether that’s happening to your existing native hair.

What I didn’t realise was that most people only notice thinning after a high percentage of decreased density (40% or more), so you may not notice slow loss until you reach that point.

That said, a stable position for 10 years is a really promising position to be in.

For balance, I didn’t suffer any permanent loss of native hairs after a transplant.

D

Dr.M.PMC

Hi all I'm new to the group looking for a bit of help iv got my first hairtransplant in July 25th and would like to asked how bad it is please
Hi Scott,

We would recommend that you book in with a reputable hair clinic and have a face to face consultation.

Allow the clinician to assess your scalp and the character of your hair to see whether you are suitable for a hair transplant.

The clinician will also be able to advise you of steps to take to reduce the progression of your hair loss via the use of medications and lifestyle changes.

We hope that helps.

Kind regards

BHR Clinic UK