• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Transplant - Is It a Permanent Solution to Hair Loss?

M

mf1396

Hair loss is a very common problem that can affect the age group across the spectrum. When conservative management is not giving benefit and the indication is there then Hair Transplant comes into the picture. Hair transplant is a surgical procedure for hair restoration for men and women. The hair transplant procedure restores hair by transplanting grafts (hair follicles) from the donor area to the bald area (recipient area). Grafts or hair follicles can be extracted using two methods FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation).
In FUE, the doctor takes individual follicles from the donor area and transplants them to the bald area. For the extraction, micro punches are used. This is a relatively painless procedure. This method has a faster recovery and for the people who don`t want cuts, stitches on the scalp and wants to have hairstyles of short hair.
In FUT, the doctor or surgeon cut a strip of scalp from the donor area and dissect them into individual grafts under magnification. There may be a feeling of tightness on the scalp. There will be a visible linear scar.
Now the question arises if hair transplant is a permanent solution to hair loss? The answer is yes, Hair transplant is permanent if it is done on the healthy scalp and the patient is not suffering from any other medical disorder causing hair loss. The permanent hair-bearing area or the donor area is resistant to DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) which is the hormone responsible for hair loss. DHT plays a vital role in male pattern baldness. Once after recovery, the hair will remain in the same place for the rest of one`s life.

Rahul123

Rahul123

Definitely, Hair transplant is the only ideal solution to restore natural hair back

K

kevinhale123

Hair transplants are one of the most permanent fixes for hair loss. However, as with all current treatments, it has its limitations

K

kaberaglobal247

Hair transplant is the only way to stop blading. Hair transplant is the medical procedure used to treat hair loss and balding. The result from a hair transplant is not necessarily permanent. The hair transplant will follow the behavior of where the hair came from, this will in most cases mean the hair should continue to grow, as it did in the donor area.

P

profilehair01

Yes, hair transplant is the permanent solution for hair loss. Basically, the results of hair transplant depend upon the intensity of hair. if the patient has better donor area then surely results will be expedient and permanent.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Yes for the majority of people it is because transplant hair is taken from the safe zone and not affected by DHT, however there are a small number of men who eventually loose some of their transplanted hair when they get old due to their safe zone donor hair thinning as part of the ageing process. Fortunately for most this is when they get to a pretty old age.

A

asrhairtransplant

Hair transplant is one the technique, in which hair are restored again. If any you are suffering from the baldness problem then hair transplant treatment is the best solution for you. Hair transplant is a MODERN TECHNIQUE to restore the hair.

K

kaberaglobal247

Hair transplantation is the technique by which you can grow hair on your bald area.Hair grown using FUT and FUE technique and look so natural

K

kaberaglobal78

Hair Transplant is the best permanent solution for baldness. here are two advance technique for hair transplant FUE(Follicular Unit Extraction)and FUT(Follicular Unit Transplantation).

R

Ryan1234

Are there cases of people whose transplanted hair €”or most of it €”has fallen out when done by a reputable clinic?

A

AlmasiK

It can turn out as ideal solution for you. But, you need to consult a licensed expert or Trichologist for initial consultation. For more information related to hair loss treatment, you can visit the given reference. There are some of the important things to consider before going for treatment. For that, visiting an expert is the best option.

J

JessicaMaan

Yes, Hair Transplant is a permanent solution to your baldness. It is the best technique to gain back a natural look.

E

ericpartlu

Hair transplant surgery is one of the best techniques to get your hair back permanently. FUT and FUE are the two advanced techniques for the hair transplant surgery.

Last edited:
A

avenues kapadia

Yes,Hair Transplant is permanent solution for baldness.Hair transplant is a successful procedure for regaining your hair back. It's been discovered worldwide that over 85% hair grafts that is planted are successful.After hair transplant you will never loose your newly transplanted hairs again, throughout your life.And the reason is very simple.Any human being does not loses hair from back side of head.Those hairs are permanent in nature.In medical terms we call those hairs as DHT resistant hair or hormone resistant hair.And in any hair transplant surgery hair roots are taken from back side of head and planted to bald area.That's why hair transplant is permanent solution for baldness.

B

Brooke Walks

Hair transplant for me is a great medical choice to treat Hair Loss. But another great one, less invasive and that you should try before a transplant (before and after actually) is Laser therapy. I think u would like this video:

V

VeronicaGibbs

Nope, It's Not, hair transplant is one of the ideal solutions to restore natural hair back for bald people. But If it is hair loss and thinning hair problem then there are many options even for bald people also. I witness how my elder brother reverses his hair loss without a hair transplant. At the initial stage, he was tried many things for hair loss problem. Like home remedies and natural ways. But the result quite ineffective than the hassle. Then he ends up with hair support system called amplixin. In 3 months he started to see the positive result. Now he has fuller head hair.

C

cybersam

Hi
I agree with majority of your views and being one who underwent FUE a year ago, i would add a few cents of my opinion.It is permanent only if you follow the post surgery medication to the "T", like taking the vitamin tablets, applying minoxidil or whichever solution prescribed by the doctor twice a day etc etc.I have updated my day to day progress pictorially in my blog below, do check to get a good idea of the various stages that scalp goes through

C

cybersam

It has been 15 months since my FUE HT and this is how my hair looks now. The picture on left is before FUE HT and on the right is 15 months post FUE HT.

8296_090430_370000001.jpg

8296_090430_370000000.jpg