• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Transplant Surgery

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A lot depends on donor availability. What did the consultations say your donor density/average was?
Clinics have different approaches, this is why you take your time researching and then deciding what's best for you.

G

greg12580

Valued member
I would need to email them again to ask for the density/average of the donor.
I will do this tomorrow.

I do have thick hair at the back and sides - its just lacking on the top somewhat!

G

greg12580

Valued member
One of the emails from Brussels read:

...he considers that you are a very good candidate for a FUE procedure, since your donor area appears still rich and also the quality of hair seems suitable for a nice outcome.

Of course that was using an online consultation so it may be different in person.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Going on your pictures alone, in my opinion which is just a guess I'd say you have good donor. Lots of clinics will assess you via pictures only as it's not always possible to have an in person consultation.

G

greg12580

Valued member
DHI replied to me with

'We can extract around 7000-8000 hairs lifetime, from your donor area, safely without any visible signs that hairs are missing.
Maybe a bit more depending on further progress of hair loss on the upper parts of the donor area or if we extract more than 35% of the available hairs'

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That's in the region I was thinking. If you do decide to go down the HT route, you just have to decide which option best suits you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Adding beard grafts to add density could save you some scalp donor for the future if needed.

G

greg12580

Valued member
Yeah Ive been thinking about that too.
They said that they could do that too for me.
Thanks for your advice :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
No problem. Ask as many questions you need. You should be 100% sure before going ahead.

G

greg12580

Valued member
Thanks BM

I think I am pretty much decided that I want to go ahead. Obviously I have a few little nerves about it all but I think the advantages are definitely worth it.

I don't ever see myself as ever being able to have a big quiff hair style! (not that I would want one) I think i would keep my hair pretty short and conservative anyway.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It's good that you've done your research. I think you will achieve a good result because you have a good donor supply and you will use it wisely.

G

greg12580

Valued member
Do you think its better to have two separate treatments over time like I've been suggested or all at once. I was told that it can damage the donor supply taking too much at one time

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen both types of surgery. Their are many documented cases for both and the vast majority look good.
If it were me, I would probably opt for two sessions. See how the first one turns out, then address whatever needs doing on the second pass.

G

greg12580

Valued member
Thats exactly what Im thinking too.
I was thinking maybe after a year or so then seeing how it looks regarding the crown and building up density

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a plan.
Keep us updated on what you finally decide.

B

Bastion

greg12580 wrote:
Im not making or rushing into any decision about this. Its too important and too expensive to do that.

I just wanted to see if there were any more recent reviews from the clinics. I have emailed asking for a list of their clients which they said they can supply me with.
I have also corresponded with a client who used them too - in one of their different clinics though.
It just seemed that the forums were full of mixed information but not that much about them, recent

Their results are impressive now. You will find some resources slate the whole UK and other countries and organisations. This site provides a fair platform for the readers.
How did the contact go with the former patients?

G

greg12580

Valued member
Hey
I have received many emails from past clients, from recent times and also going as far back as 2009.
They are all very positive towards their procedures and also the care they received, both before, during and after.
I have decided to go ahead and have booked my Giga session for 8-9th April.
I am a little nervous about it all (naturally I guess) but I really want this, so I know i am making the correct decision.
I don't know if I should stay away from reading forum posts now until after the transplant!

Greg.

B

Bastion

Positive patient feedback is nice reassurance going forward.
Every clinic has a negative review somewhere, these are outweighed by the numerous positives. I think you`ll be ok moving forward with DHI. I was checking out the Kostas thread who won the free surgery, his result looks fantastic, similar numbers to what you`re hoping for.
I don`t think to stay off the forums will make a difference now, you`ve done your research on here, had a positive response and chose your clinic accordingly. Staying away until surgery may help you relax and forget about it all, for now, focus on something else. I do hope you will post your story once you`ve had the surgery.
Best of luck with it all.

G

greg12580

Valued member
Yeah, Where there were negatives posts I couldn't find any negative photos to back it up.I think that I will continue to post updates to let everyone see how it goes.I don't know if I should ask DHI for the photographs to let them know that I will be doing this.I was also influenced by those posts from Kostas - I really hope I can have similar results although I am aware that I will probably need a smaller surgery in a year or so time.

B

Bastion

DHI will take before and after photos. Ask them to email them along with your graft and hair count. Doing regular updates will help you keep track of your progress and help others like yourself who are researching.
Kostas is looking awesome. Rogaine most likely helped his growth along.