• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How long after a transplant does it take before the new hairs adopt a softer and more natural appearance?

R

reddwarf

After reading various posts on other forums from guys stating that their new hairs are either unruly, growing straight up or are of a wiry nature after their transplants i have a question. Does this settle down or is it just part and parcel of the transplant procedure? If it does settle and become more manageable then how long does it take for these new hairs to adopt a softer and more natural appearance?

Thank you

Shera

Shera

Hi Reddwarf,

It can take up to 12 to 18 months for the implanted hairs to return back to their natural state.

Kindest Regards

Shera - UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti
UK Email : [email protected]
UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588
WhatsApp Call/Message: +44 7708 018667

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
True, in the first 12-18 month some patients experience that their 'new' hair is fighting the stylist haha.
But, as time goes by the hairs will soften up and be quite normal to manage and style.

R

reddwarf

Thank you very much, it's a relief to hear that transplanted hair does settle down given time:)

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Its not uncommon and in fact, something I've experienced with my own transplants, but as has been said the hair will eventually settle down and behave the same as your native hair.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Yeah mine took a while too to settle down as well, i also found it a little tricky to adopt a hairstyle i liked following my HT as I hadn't had hair for so long I'd forgot what to do with it lol. Everything comes good with time though dude.