• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How many procedures ?

H

hopeful

I am very interested to know a rough percentage of how many folk manage to have 1 procedure , stabilise there native hair with meds and feel as though they hopefully will not need further surgery.
of course it’s all down to individuals , management of native hair etc and a big fracture would be age ? Good chance if you have a procedure in your younger days you will be lucky to not require another .
At 44 years old I would really love to have my frontal sorted out , the rest of my hair at this moment seems good but the thought of saving hard and going through the process of having it done excites me to actual get it done but puts fear in me of then needing more and more !
I am simply trying to get an idea of the percentage of folk that have 1 procedure and seem to only need that 1 and likewise folk who expected 1 but ended up requiring more procedures .
Thanks

S

smokeybacon

I think you kind of answered your question that its an open book. Not sure it would help if you knew who had one or more, because they are not you, if that makes sense. Your own hair, do you use meds to keep it? if you do is it stable for a few years because that would be promising. If not why not start and wait to see how good the meds work for you.

H

hopeful

I think you kind of answered your question that its an open book. Not sure it would help if you knew who had one or more, because they are not you, if that makes sense. Your own hair, do you use meds to keep it? if you do is it stable for a few years because that would be promising. If not why not start and wait to see how good the meds work for you.
Hi SB
Thanks for taking your time to post.
I did take Fin a few years ago but had sides so stopped. I think my hair is fairly stable - it’s been slowly receding at the front for about 20 years.
I totally understand what you are saying in terms of other folk not being me However I guess I’m kind of asking the question to see if it is common that folk do manage to have 1 procedure or if actually it’s not very common.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t think you’ll be able to get such a statistic unless doctors collectively asked their patient base and analysed the findings. Some will choose a different clinic for further work, some will stick to their original clinic. Many patients get a HT, then move on without reporting back.

There are so many variants involved. You could have a nw6 guy, 35 years old who gets a 6000 strip and that lasts him for life. Or a much older man with the same hair pattern needing a couple or more procedures to get to the same coverage. I think it’s fair to have to assume though we are talking about grown out results and sessions, not touch ups or repairs, as that changes the entire complexion. The basis of this is you have a hair transplant, it’s successful and you look at wanting or needing more.

Age, hair loss pattern, medical therapy, all play their part, as well as expectations. Some people may be happy with a thin coverage while others want a greater hair density at the expense of coverage. Some may want one thing and when grown out they want to continue and achieve greater hair coverage.

If you’re having HT, assume you may need or even want another at some point. Me in person, take away needing a repair, once completed I went on to have a further procedure to improve my overall hair coverage. It’s important to talk to the clinics and be open about what you want. They cannot guess your goals and it may change their planning. So, turning out it could be very important to your short and long term happiness.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You’re welcome. Anything else just ask and I’ll answer of I can.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Hopeful,
As others have said, the answer you're looking for would be pretty difficult to attain a concise percentage. Aside from many variables, a lot comes from the patient's own satisfaction level from their single procedure too.