• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How to repair mis-angled hair

B

Badlocks

What is the best way to repair hair that has been implanted at the wrong angle? Would it be better to have them FUE`d out and re-implanted? or have more hair planted around them?

If anyone has had a procedure done to fix this type of situation I would be grateful if you could post and document your story.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Badlocks,

I think you will find many guys here with the same problem and can give you their experience.

Wrong angles and direction can be a real problem cosmetically and when repairing and re-designing. If on the hair line and especially if the line was already designed low it maybe necessary to remove them if they cannot be hidden in and around newly placed hair. This is even more so if the incorrectly angled grafts are large multiple hair units and they can stand out like a sore thumb.

When the placement is further back it can cause more problems because the angles may now dictate a little the style of hair and go against the natural pattern. If possible again remove but hopefully this can be some what rectified by placing around the units and effectively "losing" them amongst the new hair.

When removing with FUE it has to be understood that it may not be possible to achieve a final result in one pass; when removing a punch hole is made and this must first be left to heal before placing too near or directly in the area. So, initially in an area, especially if a few have been removed it may be a little thinner until the skin heals and then you can have a small touch up to increase the density again.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
"When removing with FUE it has to be understood that it may not be possible to achieve a final result in one pass; when removing a punch hole is made and this must first be left to heal before placing too near or directly in the area. So, initially in an area, especially if a few have been removed it may be a little thinner until the skin heals and then you can have a small touch up to increase the density again."

Basically describing my exact situation lol.

Luckily I'm past the first stage of this and I'm in the chair again with Dr Bisanga in April for the second stage, yay! Except its a little more than a touch up.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I have plugs in my crown from Norton which grow near enough straight up,however if i keep my hair at a certain length i can disguise them easily with my correctly placed transplanted grafts from SMG.

If the hair is transplanted incorrectlty in your hairline/temple points it will be a lot more visible,harder to conceal and will look un-natural.Usually this will mean corrective surgery for you by a competant doctor.

Research as much as possible.Have you any pictures you can post.

Take care bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I had SMG just plant more hair around them in the hairline. For the most part it is very effective however I do believe I might require a few more grafts but this was also discussed prior and I was essentially a 2 session candidate. I opted along with Dr. Shapiro to just leave them because they were not too low and they only added to density. I was fortunate that the previous physician was not a butcher.

NN

J

JJ09

Hey Badlocks

My offending grafts (micro grafts) were removed form the hairline and replaced with skin grafts taken from behind the ears.
Unfortunately the original slits created were deep and pitted and still remain, however there is no sign of the skin graft placement.

B

Badlocks

Here are a few pictures of my hairline.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 703
B

Badlocks

The hairs grow straight up.

Attachments

• Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 710
Larry David

Larry David

I would lower the hairline by a cm or two... you could either go fut or fue depending on your preference. Probably about 12-1500 grafts I would say.

J

JJ09

It looks like some of the grafts may have 3-4 hairs growing out together giving the appearance of one thick hair I had those type, of grafts. They will always stand out even if you try to camouflage them, I`d at least have those removed.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with JJ that there are quite a few 3-4 hair grafts in your hairline,these may have to be punched out first.

Where did you have that work done if you don`t mind me asking.

B

Badlocks

Any other members have a rough estimate of grafts that I will need?

B

Badlocks

Presently, I can wear my hair combed forward to conceal this mess, however, I have noticed thinning behind the hairline, which in time will not allow this option!! I dont intend on having a back to front combover.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Badlocks,

We have treated many hairlines with unsightly plugs. Some of the prominent plugs will likely need to be punched out but that may have to be determined when you are examined in person. I would think approximately 1400-1600 grafts will be needed to give you a more natural looking hairline.

W

wylie

Valued member
Have them removed! You then need to let the area heal completely. During that time is when you can work on various ways to disguise the hairline. Then, after it heals, its smooth sailing as another surgery will conceal the damage. I'd say you will be in excellent shape after you complete phase two of the repair.

D

drmwamba

Valued member
It will depend a lot on the final hair line location.

Can you lower the hair line for 1 0r 2 cm.The practitioner has to consider the future loss .If yes ,you can graft and remove the bad ones and let it grow to see if the camouflage is perfect .Plugs are not always bad ,especially if you want fullness appearance .They can give you that effect.

If your actual hair line is low ,then there is no way to create a transtional zone ;those grafts have to be removed and you can do a regular transplant 1 0r 2 months later (time for healing process).

I do agree with Janna ,you will need around 1500 grafts .

Good luck