• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

IDEAL HAIR COLOUR FOR HT

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Ive read everywhere that hair characterics play a vital part in a good ht, but i was wandering how important a patients hair colour was in determining a good result.
For example would a ginger guy get a worse result than a dark haired guy etc or wouldn't it make a differance

D

dazza uk

Valued member
I dont think it would make a difference.

But maybe someone with blond hair might be better off, due to the contrast between hair colour and scalp colour.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Dazza is correct. It can make a big difference by limiting the contrast between hair and scalp. Although challenging for the techs, grey hair has the least contrast typically and looks great. Blondes also are fortunate.

NN

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi guys...

Its all about contrast.... and the best example of this is dermatch.... tinting you scalp colour to match your hair..

I have considered dying my hair blonde.... to limit the contrast... but mainly because I hear they have more fun....:T:

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
timuk wrote:
Hi guys...

Its all about contrast.... and the best example of this is dermatch.... tinting you scalp colour to match your hair..

I have considered dying my hair blonde.... to limit the contrast... but mainly because I hear they have more fun....:T:

Yea and there is some mention of them having half a brain.(which is not true of course)

I`ve seen a Dr Farjo patient with blonde hair and it looked great with the contrast from his scalp to hair.

If you could imagine someone with dark skin and fine blonde hair,it would look see through.