• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Is a HT undetectable?

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Hi,

I've had a few people PM me questions about HT's and I dont really like giving advice because i've never had a HT. A question I get asked a lot is "Do you think a top doc is able to make the results absolutely undetectable?". I can only say that based on the photos i see on forums that "Yes" i think a HT performed by a top doc like shapiro, feller, rahal etc can make the results absolutely undetectable. I was wondering if I could get any HT vets perpective on this? Sure people will have diverse opinions? I'm sure me asking this question may benefit some readers of this forum.

Thanks

Shang

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes they can be undetectable.There are numerous doctors providing great work which is why these forums are invaluable to help people in their research.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
There are definitely surgeons out there who perform HT's that are 100% natural looking......I have seen examples on this and other forums of show this to the degree that the patients concerned could fool even the most experienced HT critic...

Its all about research... going to a Surgeon / Clinic with a good track record, plenty of happy patients etc

Its just a shame that there are still so many clinics out there butchering guys and charging small fortunes for the privilege !!

Tim

Last edited:
TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
No one has ever sussed my feller HT, and they never will in my opinion! It looks very natural even if i say so myself. Maybe an expert could tell upon close inspection but to the average joe its totally natural and undetectable which is the desired effect me thinks:) so in answer to your question yes HT is undetecable when done right!:::C

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Ive only seen 2 undetectable hts in person, one was a female tech at smg the other bigmac both are great results and no one would ever know

M

mountinvan

Valued member
Yep---totally undetectable! It all depends on the Dr's skill.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Thanks for the responses so far guys, more responses very welcome, from HT vets & techie's etc.

Thanks

Shang

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Dont really feel you need a techs reply as they will see natural and undetectable results day in day out.From top clinics that is.:)

Hairlines are the most obvious areas imo as they are what people look at.Just look at hairline examples of how natural they are and not course/sparse looking,again from top clinics.

There are lots of results posted with the hair combed forward which look good,most clinics imo can achieve this look.Its as i said above,lift the hair up to expose the hairline and then decide how natural/undetectable it is.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
The quick answer is yes. A top rated surgeon can certainly provide, but IMO the true artistry comes with those that are NW5+. We have all seen guys that are NW5+ that have a big clump of "natural" looking hair in the frontal 3rd. Yes to examine it might have a natural looking hairline and there is no evidence of plugginess etc. but in evaluating the complete picture is it normal to see a guy completely bald except a nice thick dense hairline?? Yes there are certainly exceptions out there where a person had a weird hairloss pattern but not too common. I saw a guy the other day that fit this picture. It didn't look bad but I knew it was a HT because he was completely shiny in post. 2/3. I personally don't think that the true artistry was there despite the fact he likely saw a top physician. Maybe he was done part 1 of a 2 stage plan but nonetheless it stood out and I personally prefer a standalone procedure in case the person changes their mind for step 2. Does this make sense?

NN

Ron Shapiro MD

Ron Shapiro MD

Valued member
My main mission from the very beginning is to perform hair transplantation that is totally undetectible and natural.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Dr Ron..

And from your work I have seen you achieve this 110%

¬b`

A

AJKV

Valued member
After a lot of research, hundreds of pictures and meeting 5 patients live I'm sure that a very good ht is undetectable for layperson but not always for experts. The differences to a native hairline are:

diameter: in every strip you have mainly stronger hair than in a native, receeding hairline
texture: in my case the transplanted hair grows straight, my native hair was a bit curly, sometimes I read about the opposite case
colour: the grafts are always darker, good examples are eman and wantego (with amazing results from Dr. Rahal)
density: self-explanatory
regularity: many surgeons plant the grafts too regular

Any different opinions???

By the way you find attached a comparison of Dr. Mwamba and my work done...

Attachments

• Vgl..JPG
    Vgl..JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 645
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi AJKV,

I've seen countless number of patient's results, and by and large, you'd never suspect they had any work done. As Dr. Ron has stated above, he's goal has been to create hairlines that are undectable to the layperson and to experts. Of course everyone's caliber of hairs is slightly different and there's more of a challenge working with coarse hairs.

You may have average coarseness of hairs but you have big groupings in the front and they are spread too far apart, which accentuates each graft making it look un-natural. Take heart, your type of "repair" work is straight forward.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
A good HT should be undetectable..I think those that are obvious are worse than the hair loss they tried to cover...I am aware when I travel that I detect people that have had bad HTs and I feel sorry for them, but certainly, there are many more that have had good transplants than bad and we most likely walk past them every day without knowing it , and that's how it should be.

Last edited: