• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Is my FUT scar ok at 4 week ?

arthurSam

arthurSam

Hello,

Do you think my FUT scar is OK at 4 week, in particular with regard to staples ? Staples are very visible no is it normal ?

Thanks a lot !

IMG_20220816_100235[1].jpg
IMG_20220816_100015[1].jpg
IMG_20220816_100007[1].jpg
IMG_20220816_095951[1].jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That donor closure looks very good. If it stays like this I think you’ll struggle to find it once the area is fully healed. The redness you see is normal. The red marks where the staples were should start to fade away. Where did you end up going for your hair transplant and how many grafts did you get?

arthurSam

arthurSam

Thanks you I was a little scared about staples red marks.

I got 6500 hairs in France with a doctor in Paris but I am not sure the work will be correct because I had a lot of 5 hairs grafts so he used a lot of them and my ratio is around 5 hair/grafts ! He say all will be ok and he done that because of my hair characteristics but I hope the result will not be too catastrophic ... Everybody here got about 2 ratio... it's strange and worry me a little.

Anyway if I can get a good scar it is a good point. Now I have just to wait and see what will happen...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That is a huge surgery. I’d love to see your pictures and hear about the surgery.
Any chance you could document your journey on here?

arthurSam

arthurSam

To be honest I am very afraid to get a lot of comments which will blame the ratio of 5 and tell me that I've been fooled...
I am even ashamed to not have been enought careful about this...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
No one is going to blame you. If you never received the number of grafts you were told, then it’s the doctor/clinic at fault.

Philw

Scar looks good
U might have shockloss of hair around it but that will grow back in time
Try not to worry and just relax and heal