• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Is there a minimum size Hair Transplant surgery?

V

Viking

I have noticed recently my hairline is thinning and i'm receding, it's not hugely noticeable yet but i think a small hair transplant would really benefit my situation.

Looking around i have noticed that most results displayed seem on the large side in terms of grafts.

Do the doctors have a minimum amount of grafts per surgery?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there.
Some doctors will have a minimum surgery fee. I don`t think any doctor would book a new patient in for a very small amount of grafts unless they are willing to pay the minimum fee or it is special circumstances. These could include scars, burns and patchy hair loss due to illness.
You may be advised to consider Finasteride and Minoxidil before trying surgery.

Shera

Shera

Hey Viking,

Post some pictures of your scalp. It will help you get a more measured response.

If your balding is in the very early stages then it may be possible to even salvage what you have got through the use of meds, Finasteride and Minoxidil. It's always advisable to go down the medical route first but your pics will give a better indication of where you are.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Shera gives good advice dude, are you taking any meds......If not I personally would consider trying them first.

JohnB

JohnB

Usually, for cases until Norwood 3, good surgeons will not want to touch your hair because they don't know if your hair will keep falling or stay as it is. If they perform the surgery and your hair loss progresses, then you will need a second surgery fast as it will look bad. Therefore, they wait until it is far in the Norwood 2 scale closer to Norwood 3. I believe you can try alternative methods such as dermarolling, Finasteride or Minoxidil. I would start with Minoxidil if I were you

Baldingman

Baldingman

I read somewhere about lunchtime Fue surgery. A few hundred grafts in a short space of time. I don`t know if that is something you could do?

Shera

Shera

I read somewhere about lunchtime Fue surgery. A few hundred grafts in a short space of time. I don`t know if that is something you could do?

Hmmmmmmm, he might live to regret not skipping lunch that particular day!