• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Losing hair like crazy.

K

Karabou

Ok, here goes .... I suffer from Dandruff (and MPB) quite extensively, after reding the hairloss forums I came to the conclusion that Nizoral 2% shampoo would clear the problem only to find its made my hairloss increase and severely dried out my scalp. Can someone please offer some help? .... I need a less aggressive shampoo that won`t cause my hair to shed at an alarming rate .... with the added benefit of ridding my scalp of Dandruff.

I was applying it three times per week, then cut down to twice weekly with the same effect .... so I`ve ditched it for now.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hi mate welcome to the forum...if the nizoral 2% is causing a big shed there is a nizoral 1% that isnt as strong, avaliable from most chemists/pharmacies........ personally when my dandruff gets bad i alternate polytar af and nizoral a few times a week ...works for me dude

Attachments

• !BPkqG8gBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBJ0R(Es2-!~~_35.jpg
    !BPkqG8gBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CsEjlLltsWbBJ0R(Es2-!~~_35.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 482
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
just noticed you are in the UK same as me....you may have to buy the polytar AF online or on ebay as the UK only stocks the brown bottles of polytar as far as i know, and i personally find it not as good as the white one

T.C

T.C

Try REVITA its the best shampoo outthere that I have used,costs about 20 quid but doesnt dry the scalp and leaves hair looking full.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear you`ve had bad sheds with Nizoral,i stopped using it as it dried my scalp out too much using it 2 times a week.Give Revita a go like T.C suggests.

Shedded hair usually grows.

A

anthonynelson

I have seasonal; hair loss problem. can any one specify proper treatment?

M

Mountain

Valued member
Nizoral dried me out too, use regular shampoo, not the medicated stuff.

J

jasikajohnson

Hair loss,you use a natural things for a hair and do regular massage with oil and use a coconut oil or almond oil and also do massage with warm oil and use a warm water for a wash your hair,before a wash you do massage and wash your hair,take a healthy food that contain a more vitamin and use henna,curd,aloe-Vera for a hair.

K

Karabou

Apology for the late response .... I tried both shampoos mentioned above, Revita seems to work best for me .... so thankyou guys for your recommendations as my hair is improving on a daily basis.