• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

minoxidil usage

M

MarmmKlinik

Is it okay to use minoxidil after the hair transplant, some surgeons do support the thing, what you say ?

[):h::

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I believe most clinics recomend to wait around two weeks or longer before using Minoxidil.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
As the guys say two weeks should be fine i beleive. How many grafts did you get out of interest?

H

hairyscary

are there less side effects with minoxidil over finasteride?

drdhananjay11

drdhananjay11

Most of the hair transplant surgeon recommend Minoxidil after 7 days or 15 days of hair transplant surgery.

R

Rajiv Kumar

Many hair transplant patients want to know if they should use minoxidil after their hair transplant. For many patients, it's usually a good idea. Use of minoxidil after a hair transplant can do two things:

1. speed of the rate that the transplanted hairs start growing by about 1 month.

2. reduce the chances of ongoing hair loss in existing hairs (non transplanted hairs)

For some, they do not want to use and this was important in their decision to get a transplant in the first place. But for those who we do decide to start minoxidil, I advise starting (or restarting it) 5 to 7 days after the hair transplant. The decision on how long to continue is also important. For preventing loss of existing hair, clearly it needs to be continued long term. However, for boosting growth of transplanted hairs, it can be continued 4 to 6 months.

Q

QuickPeace472

You need to wait before using, try to consult with doctor

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hairyscary wrote:
are there less side effects with minoxidil over finasteride?
Some people do have sides as with any medication but it is very rare and not as common as Finasteride sides as far as I know

B

Bald Beard

Does anyone know what's the best strength mi oxidized to apply to your face to grow more beard hair?