• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My hair loss story

X

xeno

valued member
Hi everyone, I started experiencing hair loss when I was in my late 20's. My dad is bald so I figured it was bound to happen once the hair loss started. A few people have remarked about the receding hairline and thinning in the back. Its difficult and stressful dealing with hair loss and I don`t want to be bald in my 30`s .
I didnt know there was anything I could do about it so I just lived with it. I found out about Rogaine but was too embarrassed to buy the stuff in stores. I have since purchased it online which is secure and discreet. It seems to be working in the back as I can see little fluffy hairs but nothing is happening in the hairline. Is there a product that grows hair in the hairline?
If I lose more hair I may consider a hair transplant, Wayne Rooney looks good but the price tag is out of my league.

Good luck everyone.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi Xeno...
Welcome to the forum....
Firstly I helps sometimes to post some pics of your current hair situation... not face pic needed, just some clear shots showing the areas of concern....
As for hairline, Rogaine is very unlikely to help.... the other medication Propecia can slow down, stop and even regrow hair... If I were you I would get on that ASAP along with the Rogaine....
I also understand that it can be embarrassing buying meds for hair loss.... just make sure you hunt around for the best prices and that they are a reputable seller...
Anyway, hope this helps.... I have been out of the "hair loss" loop for awhile now and hopefully others will add to or correct what I have written....
Hope this helps
Timbo

Ps... Feel free to ask / question anything.... Sometimes just having people to ask who have gone through or are suffering the same worries can help on its own

N

Nightowl

Rogaine usually works better when it's used in conjunction with Finasteride, as Tim states it may help regrow hair along the hairline, at best you want it to prevent more hairloss. There are some nice patient examples in the medication section who have responded well to the meds.In the Uk you can order online from Boots to avoid any embarrassment.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum, imo I think you should try both meds together to see if you respond, hopefully you do and it cuts out the need for a HT.
Good luck.

X

xeno

valued member
Thanks guys I will go with the meds as I can't afford a transplant, here's hoping.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
All the best and keep us informed how you get on.

X

xeno

valued member
Ordered my Finasteride, should be delivered this week. With some luck it will work for me.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi

Thank you for posting your story I wish you all the best , as the other members have stated its best to use the medication together Rogaine and Propecia I for one can certainly tell you it helped to slow my hair loss right down and also I had some hair come back , I have had HTs however I know due to the response I had with the medications it made my results even better , hope all works out for you and as stated feel free to ask questions and just for your information not everybody has to pay what Wayne Rooney paid do your research and keep positive , their is nothing wrong sending your pictures to Clinics and having a online consultation please check the Clinic sections for information .

Cheers

Dazz

X

xeno

valued member
Will do Dazzster. I'm going to wait the 6 month time period to give the medications a chance to work.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
6 months is usually the minimum time period so I would give it a year.

X

xeno

valued member
Yea I've been looking through the results in the medication section, some patients have regrew lots of hair. I'll try meds for a year providing I don't suffer any sides.

F

FutureFue

Valued member
You will suffer sides on Fin, everyone does, as it is having a massive effect on your DHT levels. It is impossible to reduce your DHT levels by that much and not to have a reaction of some sorts. However, a lot of people don't notice the side effects, or they are bearable and don't interfere with your life too much. For instance, I no longer, or rarely, get morning erections on Fin, but it is something I can with. So while I am not trying to scare you, I am trying to be realistic in terms of what you may have to be prepared to trade off to keep your hair.

X

xeno

valued member
I don't mind mild sides as problems like the early morning situation can be overcome. Keeping my hair is what's important right now.

X

xeno

valued member
I'm approaching 3 months on the meds, no noticeable side effects. My hair does appear to be thicker in caliber so maybe it's working to some degree.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear you feel the meds may be working for you. Try to take some pictures to document it as its easy to forget what your hair use to look like.