• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My hair surgery at DHI Global London

P

pilus2013

Valued member
Hello everyone,

I have been looking for a hair restoration company for my next surgery and decided to go ahead with DHI Global London Clinic.
I had a strip surgery done a long time ago ( 1997 I think) by Dr. May in London. I am looking for another session and I think this is my last donor area so I need to make sure I cover all my angles to ensure this will be a success. DHI also agreed to get rid of my scar I have from the old strip surgery using the SMP technique.

I have seen various types of comments/posts on DHI services on forums so want to know whether anyone who had any recent experience (good or bad) like to share that info with me.

Any help and comments are highly appreciated guys.

Thank you ...

L

londonakis28

Valued member
I had 2 hair transplants at DHI and i am really satisfied with my result and generally with the company. They were honest and didn't try to waist my donor. Here is my photo album and my post.
http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=3080&forum_id=3
http://imgur.com/a/qjV2X#0
Wish you good luck.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Some of the results that they are producing now seem ok-ish, do lots of research.

C

close

I had also few HTs with DHI and I am (overall) very happy with their result. Briefly, the first one in 2006 was ok but the punch size (1-1,2mm) left me some more or less invisible scars. The rest HTs (2010 and onwards) were superb both in the donnor and in the receipient areas. You can see my story in the blog following the link of my signature.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member

If they took this off their website they would be a lot better off.

P

pilus2013

Valued member
Thank you everyone for all the comments and sharing your experience with me.

S

sheilmolson

Well, if you want to undergo any hair surgery then I would like to suggest that you consult Dr. Ray Woods as he is an experienced hair transplant surgeon and has done many surgeries. I too have undergone a hair transplant surgery from him and it was a great experience dealing with him.

no links allowed

P

pilus2013

Valued member
Thank you. How do I get hold of Dr. Ray Woods?

Also, can anyone tell me how much would it cost roughly for 3000 grafts using FUE?

Z

ziggs11

Valued member
Looks like the going rate for a top doctor for FUE is around $7 per Graft US. Some charge a lot more, some charge a little less. The price per graft may fall as total grafts in the procedure increases.

S

skiny

Valued member
sheilmolson wrote:
Well, if you want to undergo any hair surgery then I would like to suggest that you consult Dr. Ray Woods as he is an experienced hair transplant surgeon and has done many surgeries. I too have undergone a hair transplant surgery from him and it was a great experience dealing with him.
Dr woods I like but this type of shilling makes me turn off from him. What is the need, is his egos so gentle he needs to do this type of marketing?

He ´s kind of conservative and big numbers take a while but he has a good side which is not always obvious, so don ´t discount.

no links allowed

Last edited:
P

pilus2013

Valued member
oh!, long way for me all the way from London then :)
Thnaks for all the comments and info. This is very educational to me.

P

pilus2013

Valued member
oh!, long way for me all the way from London then :)
Thanks for all the comments and info. This is very educational to me.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I would have a look into the clinics that are listed on here, good place to start.

P

pilus2013

Valued member
DHI tells me that Dr Lefteris Papanikolaou will be available for my surgery.

I can't find any comments or reviews on him anywhere.
Anyone used of heard of him pls?

Last edited:
garageland

garageland

Valued member
How is the strip scar looking from Dr May? I had surgery with him in 1996, you must have had the mini and micro grafts, do you have any photos that you could share?

P

pilus2013

Valued member
Yes, my HT by Dr May was also done around that time. Don't have a photo atm though but I will get one done and post here. As you know I can't do it myself as the scar is at the back..It is very visible. Can never shave or even have a short hair cut.

Last edited:
garageland

garageland

Valued member
Same here wide scar that stopped me going too short, I unfortunately went on to have two more transplants with Dr Norton and two more wide scars the following 2 years.

It would be good to see some photos of your situation for the forum to see and offer advice as to what could be done for you. Where the grafts placed into the front?

Last edited:
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
no way! I didn't know you also went to Norton! I hate that guy.

P

pilus2013

Valued member
Apologies for the delayed reply..

Finally ..finally I made my mind up and underwent the HT surgery at DHI London clinic 2 days ago.
Everything went well in terms of the helpfulness of the staff and professional approach of the medical team etc. so now it is time to wait and see what my final result would be.

Don't have all the photos yet but attached here is a picture taken after 24 hrs.

Guys, let me know from what you have seen and also through your experience how this job looks at this early stage. :)

Appreciate your help!

PS
In picture 2 is the scar left by a previous strip surgery going to be treated by SMP/micro pigmentation session at the same clinic in 2 weeks time.

OOPS!! I can't figure out how to uplaod the pictures here.. :'#G::

Last edited: