• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My HT with Dr Demirsoy (Armamed Clinic ) Istanbul

yidd0

yidd0

Hi All

just thought I’d get this thread started, as im due for my procedure with Dr Demirsoy on Thursday morning .

I’m currently already in Turkey as my brother lives in Bodrum .I’ve been here around 3 weeks now, luckily I flew out just before they stopped all flights from the UK.

I fly to Istanbul SAW airport on Wednesday morning 8 am. It’s a 1hr flight . Where I will collect my luggage and then go and have a PCR COVID test , in the airport itself . It costs 250 lira . £25..
From checking around places in bodrum, the airport is the cheapest, to get this done .
Muzaffer the rep from the clinic has been in constant contact , with instructions etc. Really good to have that one on one contact with someone before a procedure . It makes the world of difference , rather than to just turning up on your own like my last procedure with cosmedica .

So as I said , I’ve had a HT before in Turkey with a clinic called Cosmedica in Istanbul . I was determined to have a ht and was on a limited budget. I didn’t know what to expect. It went against all my instincts and years of research into ht , but I just quite simply had enough. I had seen quite a few examples online and decided to go for it. I paid £1700 euros. It went well. I had good growth , I couldn’t tell you how many grafts I had, or quite frankly who operated on me. The whole thing seemed totally unorganised , but it somehow all came together and worked . It has given me my contact confidence back, made me look younger, and I will always be great full to them for that.
That was 5 years ago, at 35 years old . Im 41 in 2 weeks . So I’ve given enough time between to the two procedures , to see what my expectations and goals are now .

So I’ve now decided on my second and more than likely will be my last procedure.
As goid as the Cosmedica Clinic procedure was, this going to be my last ht and I now need the skill and artistry of a great surgeon like Dr Demirsoy to make the extractions and incisions. Cosmedica did slightly over harvest one side , so I need his expertise and experience to make sure everything looks natural on not only the incision side but the donor itself. I’m not sure what my donor area can produce , from looking at my photos Dr Demirsoy believes 2500-3000 but I’m happy with anything above 2000, as I’m looking mainly at thickening things up. My expectations are realistic, so I’m just going to let him decide abs I’m going to go along with that.
So I will keep this thread updated once I get to the airport and hotel .
Since the age of 20 I was always looking at ht as that’s when I started to thin. I even went through with “standbystrand” with advanced hair studio , which they shaved my head of decent healthy hair and placed which can only be described as a dead cat on my head ( wig) to the tune of 3000 pounds . That came off immediately that night , abs went on a minoxidil programme . I constantly looked at UK clinics as that was all that was really available then , no such thing as fue then. Went to many consultations around London . Thankfully I never got around to having a ht then, although I did actually book a procedure but never went through with it , thanks to joining a hair loss forum called SHLN which no longer exists and I believe @Bigmac was a member of.
Anyway Thanks for reading. Update soon

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
That was lucky missing the travel ban....I never knew from your postings you’d already had one hair transplant at Cosmedica. Good luck with this one.....It’ll be good to see how it goes with Dr Demirsoy.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Yiddo.
I hope you're enjoying your time in Turkey and it's not restricted too much.
It's good to hear you're happy with the final result from your first HT. Hopefully, this second one turns out well for you with all the research you've done.
I'll look forward the air g all about it.
All the best.
Bm.

yidd0

yidd0

That was lucky missing the travel ban....I never knew from your postings you’d already had one hair transplant at Cosmedica. Good luck with this one.....It’ll be good to see how it goes with Dr Demirsoy.
Thanks mate . I believe you were on the SHLN forum years ago aswell weren’t you ? You had a repair job with dr feller from what I remember ?

yidd0

yidd0

Hi Yiddo.
I hope you're enjoying your time in Turkey and it's not restricted too much.
It's good to hear you're happy with the final result from your first HT. Hopefully, this second one turns out well for you with all the research you've done.
I'll look forward the air g all about it.
All the best.
Bm.
Thanks mate . At the minute their is a lockdown every weekend here in Turkey . Although tourists ( myself ) are allowed out , though it’s only supermarkets . All shops are open during the week

bullitnut

bullitnut

Thanks mate . I believe you were on the SHLN forum years ago aswell weren’t you ? You had a repair job with dr feller from what I remember ?
Nah not me dude....I wouldnt go to Feller myself I know a few who did and weren't happy with their Hairlines.....(just my own preference)

Please keep us updated on your surgery dude

I did occasionally post on SHLN back in the day your right pal but I had my repair at SMG and am very happy with it.

Take it easy

BN

yidd0

yidd0

Nah not me dude....I wouldnt go to Feller myself I know a few who did and weren't happy with their Hairlines.....(just my own preference)

Please keep us updated on your surgery dude

I did occasionally post on SHLN back in the day your right pal but I had my repair at SMG and am very happy with it.

Take it easy

BN
That’s right . Shapiro .
Yeah I will mate . Couple of days to go. Getting a bit nervous now

bullitnut

bullitnut

Nothing to be nervous about dude it will be a breeze....Dr Demirsoy and his team will take good care of you pal.

Out of curiosity do you have any pics of your current situation now after going to Cosmedica so we can compare what you look like before you get the new HT?

yidd0

yidd0

the first photo is before my first ht at cosmedica ..the other 2 were taken a month ago

Attachments

• AB572EE8-82B4-4F08-82AD-994EA747D3AD.jpeg
    AB572EE8-82B4-4F08-82AD-994EA747D3AD.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 530
  • 03F3882E-866D-43A6-ACFD-402DD38F3BF7.jpeg
    03F3882E-866D-43A6-ACFD-402DD38F3BF7.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 494
  • 31A99FDF-3475-4EC2-864C-59AA765E9257.jpeg
    31A99FDF-3475-4EC2-864C-59AA765E9257.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 548
S

Saint4805

All the best for Thursday mate. If and when I decide to go ahead with a HT (when I am ready to commit to taking meds) in the future Dr Demirsoy will be on my shortlist. His work always looks so neat and clean with minimal bleeding and discharge in the donor area post op. Look forward to seeing your photos - I am sure you will be fine.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You did get good coverage from your first surgery. Hopefully, this second one will be your last and meet your expectations.
I'll look forward to reading all about it.
Good look and hope everything goes well.

yidd0

yidd0

So.... landed at Istanbul airport from bodrum , got COVID test. Very easy and stress free .Took around 20 mins .
went to the exit gate , and the driver was there waiting for me.
The journey to the hotel from the airport takes around 30 mins .
cityloft 81 is the hotel most patients use . It’s a modern clean hotel . pretty cheap . I’m here for 5 nights . £120.00.. breakfast is 8 euros , which I think I will give a miss .
Not a great deal to do or look at around the area. But there is kebab houses near and some bakery’s . Supermarket over the road.
If anyone does stay here , make sure you bring a tablet or a laptop, as there is no UK tv channels . WiFi is very good .
So Muzaffer the clinic rep has been in touch , he is picking me up at 8 am and taking me to the clinic .

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s good to hear you arrived safe and well. How far is the clinic from the city Center?
Good advice re tablet or laptop. Download some tv or movies to watch on them if you aren’t able to access your tv subscriptions from your home country.
All the best for tomorrow,

yidd0

yidd0

It’s good to hear you arrived safe and well. How far is the clinic from the city Center?
Good advice re tablet or laptop. Download some tv or movies to watch on them if you aren’t able to access your tv subscriptions from your home country.
All the best for tomorrow,
The clinic is on the Asian side of instanbul. My hotel is 25 mins away from the clinic . The only thing around it is supermarkets and kebab shops. Which if you are only here for a couple of nights I’d all you need. I’m here until Monday , then I’m off over to the European side of Istanbul for 10 days.

well it was operation day today .!!

had an absolute nightmare last night , got a text message from NatWest bank saying they had closed my account . Really didn’t need that. Especially as I had 2000 grand in it and 1000 of that was for my operation . Bastards ! Went on face book and apparently they have been doing it randomly to lots of different people . People with lots of savings , and benefit money . Disgusting really . Not going to be able to access it untill into the branch when I get back . So if any of you guys are with NatWest , I suggest you change because this can easily happen to you . They are just picking random people to do it too.
Anyway so after stressing and trying to get other funds sorted, I went to bed around 10.30
I met Muzaffer down stairs at 8 am.
He had a technician in the car , and we headed off to the clinic . 25 mins away from the cityloft hotel.
Muzaffer is a really nice guy. He is from Germany , lives in Istanbul , speaks many languages . He has a really calm manor about him, puts you immediately at ease .
very knowledgeable about all the different clinics around . So we arrived at the clinic .
it’s in a large apartment block, some are offices, some dentists , some are even peoples flats where they live . The clinic is very new and modern . It’s right at the top and the view is of the whole of the Asian part of Istanbul . Amazing . I will include it in my photos tomorrow .
I filled out the relevant paperwork , and waited for things to start . It took a little while , to wait for 2 other technicians and Dr Demirsoy .
He arrived around 9.15 am. Dr Demirsoy only does one patient per day. You are the main event and everything is concentrated in you . So, me , Muzaffer and Dr Demirsoy went into his office , where we discussed the plan. Straight away I liked him. He gave me a fist pump instead of the hand shake , and we started to discuss what the plan was via Muzaffer’s interpretation . You can tell Dr Demirsoy really takes pride in his work , he wants to make sure everyone is happy with it . He spent a long time deciding on what to do . This Dr will not put a low hairline on a patient just because they ask him too . He would rather turn you away , than do that . He is of the opinion , why replace hair to one part of the head , to make the other part bald . The same with donor . If he feels your donor isn’t healthy enough or it will just look too sparse , he won’t operate .
We were all pretty much on the same page as to what was to happen . He checked my donor , and said he could get more than originally quoted , which I was happy about , bad sadly due to what happened the night before with the bank , I was restricted financially .
We decided the plan was , to thicken things up with around 2000 grafts ( ended up 2020).. and leave what’s left to the shape the hairline, at a later date . I was Happy with that plan .
The last thing I wanted was to lower the hairline and then not have enough grafts to thicken what’s behind it .
So we then took photos . Then came the head shave. I’ve never actually shaved my head since my last operation in 2016, so I was kind of curious as to how natural the grafts would look fully shaved , and they looked very natural, cosmedica, actually did a very good job .
I was then given a tablet to calm me down , just to relax me, even though I was extremely relaxed as it was there.
I then went through to the operating room and met the technicians. Lovely ladies , could just tell they were extremely professional. I then laid on the bed on my side , and the my gave me the injections . I have to admit I did since a bit when they inject you towards the bottom of your head .
So once the injections were done on one side , Dr Demirsoy then performed the extractions . You can tell he gets in really well with his technicians , you can sense they like him , he is a friendly guy . Muzaffer said they all enjoy working with him .
After the extractions on one side I then rolled over and did the same thing the other side . Injections by the technicians , then extractions by Dr Demirsoy . During the first side of extractions the tablet really kicked in . I actually fell asleep , the pretty much again with the other side . Just in a state of relaxation really .
After the second extractions it was a 5 minute break. Went for a nice glass of water , toilet , then straight back for the slits.
Dr Demirsoy doesn’t like the grafts to be out the body too long , so he likes to start the incisions almost immediately.
It didn’t take too long before he had finished , and the techs almost immediately as soon as he got up , they started implanting .
I was literally mostly asleep and probably snoring throughout this .
Before I knew it , Muzaffer came in and said it’s lunch time . A nice tray of grilled chicken and vegetables. Eating it while half asleep.
before I knew it , one of the technicians came into the reception and said are you ready. 5 mins later I was back in the room and the techs were implanting the final grafts . It went so quick . Suddenly , bang . 2.45 . Finished .
Dr Demirsoy gave everything a final check. I got bandaged up , and changed back into my clothes.
so a tip that might come in handy . They provide you with a gown for surgery, but after surgery you need a loose wearing shirt to wear, so as not to rub the grafts too much. I had a very thin hoodie, so I didn’t have a t shirt just that. It also helps when you are walking back into the hotel or if you want to go to the shop, just put your hoodie up, and no one can tell.
so after that came payment , which hurt almost as much as a couple of those lower needle jabs .
Then I got given my medication and shampoo . Then Muzaffer and one of the technicians took me back to my hotel .
Muzaffer is picking me up tomorrow around 10.30, to go to the clinic to take bandages off and have my first hair wash .
So I will update tomorrow with pictures after Muzaffer had emailed them to me .

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
What a nightmare with your bank closing your account without warning, especially in these Covid times.
At least you managed to sort something out regarding accessing funds from elsewhere. I visited the Asian side last time I was there to visit the huge open air market which is probably closed or restricted now.

It`s good to hear the first transplant looked good shaven down and that Dr Demirsoy was very detailed in his pre op consultation with you. Everything sounds like you had an excellent surgery experience. 2020 grafts is a decent size surgery..
I`ll look forward to seeing the pictures.
Take it easy and enjoy the rest of your time there.

yidd0

yidd0

So had my hair wash back at the clinic this morning . I went to find an atm this morning that would let me withdraw , using my Monzo card . Went into a bank to use the cash point , and it swallowed my card .. LMAO... they asked me to go back on Tuesday .. told them that was unacceptable. So they have told me to go back today at 3pm . Heading back there soon .
The reason I went to withdraw cash was, because at the clinic , they charge a 8% fee on MasterCard . It ended up costing me nearly 100 euros in fees . Not quite sure why . The clinic like to be paid in euros , but they convert it from lira into euros , hence why this was so expensive .
luckily I had one more bank account card Hsbc , so I paid with that . I had 260 euros outstanding from my final payment . If I had used that card yesterday I would have avoided the fee. At first my Hsbc card got declined , , then it worked .
What a nightmare Ha ha ha .
So in the end I lost out on 100 euros (£90) ..

So it is always best to take cash (euros) to the clinic . But anyway it’s over now. Done .. move on ! It wouldn’t be a trip abroard if I didn’t get tucked up somewhere along the line !!

so hair wash went well, didn’t take too long . Me Dr Demirsoy, he was happy with how things went, said everything went well, and my head looked healthy . Even said I had around 1200 grafts left. Which surprised me, as I thought that would be it So maybe there will be one more final journey in my hair restoration. If I do go ahead it will be a slight reshaping of the hairline , but that’s for another day.
The technicians even came in and had a look and said hello. More photos were taken . There was a guy being operated on who had also been to cosmedica but sadly he was unhappy with his results . Luck of the draw I suppose . Muzaffer went through the hair washing procedure .
Then Muzaffer dropped me back to my hotel. He is coming to collect me on Monday morning , to take me to my other hotel on the other side of Istanbul , the European side. It’s about 45- hour . All included in the 80 euros transfer fee.

Originally I wasn’t going to use the transfers organised by the clinic . I was going to arrange hotel and taxi’s myself . But it is definitely worth doing it. It saves so much stress and hassle .

So that’s it as far as visit to the clinic. Just off to get some supplies for the weekend at the hotel , and try and get my bank card back lol .
Muzaffer is going to email me all the photos later on and I will post them all up .

S

Saint4805

Hi Yidd, thanks for sharing your experience and sorry to hear you had so many issues in making payment. I know that Turkey is notorious for high charges when using debit or credit cards. I don't think this is specific to mastercard and cash is very much king! Look forward to seeing your photos.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Thanks for sharing your experience dude it will help others I'm sure.....and thanks for adding the pics I asked for I appreciate it.....this should be the cherry on the cake I think after looking at your pics dude.

Take it easy

BN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Finance wise you have had some bad luck. It might be better for patients to take cash with them.
Good to hear the doctor is happy with the work after your shampoo and that you have around 1200 grafts left. I`ll look forward to seeing your pictures.
All the best.

yidd0

yidd0

Well, just left the hotel , and off to another part of Istanbul for a week. Muzaffer organised the transfer from my hotel to my new hotel, all included in the 80 euros.
So that’s my journey all over with regarding clinic and hotel . I hope it has been of use to anyone thinking of using Dr Demirsoy.

I now have my photos from the clinic below.
As you can see it needed thickening up along the channel . So glad I decided to go with more density rather than tackling the hairline . The reason I went with a high conservative hairline was due to the fact , I went to cosmedica and thought I would play it safe . Didn’t want a low hairline with no volume behind it . I think I made the right choice . As you can see they slightly over harvested on the right hand side . Hence why I went to a surgeon that performed the extractions himself . It not only has to look natural at the front , but also the back .
In my next journey it will be about not so much as lowering the hairline but just shaping it slightly different . Maybe some temple work. The Dr said I have around 1200 grafts left, so they will be used very wisely .
So thanks for reading my experience. I will load up some photos taken from my phone when I hit the 10 day mark . Which will be Sunday .

Attachments

• EE193BAD-9F49-4BFD-B3D7-EF6FC10A2C78.jpeg
    EE193BAD-9F49-4BFD-B3D7-EF6FC10A2C78.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 452
  • 2753FB13-030B-4D44-B2CB-AC2403440742.jpeg
    2753FB13-030B-4D44-B2CB-AC2403440742.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 342
  • 92906F3D-7313-43B7-8E78-549AA0E248F6.jpeg
    92906F3D-7313-43B7-8E78-549AA0E248F6.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 15A1DA66-652E-4086-93C6-BA3D874DFE1C.jpeg
    15A1DA66-652E-4086-93C6-BA3D874DFE1C.jpeg