• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My Results from PRP w/ACell at 5 Months

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Five months ago I was visiting Dr. Cooley and decided at the last minute to try his PRP treatment. The short story is that I'm happy with the results at five months especially considering my particular circumstances.

Check it out.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/0B7ik63-RNc&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video Joe. Good to hear the Prp has made some improvement at 5 months. Hopefully there will be more in the coming months. It's pretty amazing looking at your before picture and comparing to how you look now. Total transformation.Thanks for sharing the video.
All the best.
Bm.

Westcoaster

Westcoaster

Joe. How often will you need PRP treatments to maintain the gains achieved?

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Thanks Bigmac. If the improvements stop here, I'm fine. Dr. Cooley said I seemed to respond earlier than most.

WC,

Dr. Cooley told me it could last two years and he's got one patient that didn't need to return for three years.

Westcoaster

Westcoaster

2 years is a good bang for your buck. Here's to more improvement.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Joe,
It's good to see you're achieving some positive results with Dr. Cooley's PRP treatment. It's interesting the different PRP protocols offered by each clinic.
Because there are varying PRP protocols and the lack of photo documentations in general, it's important to see the protocols and get honest feedback with photos and video of the results. Thanks for sharing.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Hi Janna,
Yeah, it's a nice adjunct to the massive amount of work I've already had:) Like I said, if it stops now I'm fine but being at the six month mark I think it might be a bit better but I've not been paying much attention to it lately.
A problem I see is that there are no standards when it comes to PRP and I think large and serious studies should be performed to get to the bottom of the issue, finding out what works and what doesn't. As it stands anyone with a centrifuge and a syringe can claim they are offering "PRP" but it's anyone's luck if what is being offered works and to what degree. It's frustrating.
I'm currently in Houston, Tx with Dr. Arocha and his team and I learned more about the protocol utilized by Arocha Hair Restoration. It is similar to Dr. Cooley, and Dr. Shapiro, with minor differences. The good thing is that Dr. Arocha is going to be adding a PRP section to his gallery to demonstrate the efficacy he's experiences with his patients.

SADbutTRUE

SADbutTRUE

Valued member
How would one know which clinic offered the best version of PRP treatment? since the clinics that offer the service use different variations.it becomes confusing, my main question about the treatment is that ,does it improve miniaturized hairs? will they become terminal hairs.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Hi SBT,

It's really difficult to know who has an effective PRP system. From my experience so far the Angel system is very effective with at least three of the clinics I work with using it and all have shown me strong evidence to support their respective positions.
I just got back from Houston, Texas where I met three patients of Dr. Arocha that had undergone PRP w/ACell treatments and all three were showing growth at only two to three months with zero finasteride involvement.

The effect it has is on miniaturized hairs, yes. It strengthens them to a terminal or near terminal state and even small improvements on a hair by hair basis can lead to a cumulative effect that is cosmetically significant.

Last edited: