• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My SMP is too dark...

S

Sadiq

I recently got an SMP done...basically to strengthen my non existent hair line. Professional clinic with a presence all over the world so really had no concerns. However today is day 9 and I think it's too dark. Clinic is telling me not to worry that my scalp absorbed a lot of the ink after only one session. They advised to wash everyday with medicated soap and return next week for session 2 for better blending. I am really freaking out and people at work are asking if I dyed the front part of my head.

Is this a lost cause and should I go the laser scan removal route? Or do I give it a chance on session 2? Any advise would help. I am freaking out!

PS: love the hair line design. Just the blending and darkness
20190508_223632.jpg

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
The problem looks like someone tried to go too dense, and the dots are a bit large, too. The washing is designed to help accelerate the initial fading but I'm not sure if that will do much. I personally don't understand what "better blending" means except to extend further into your existing hair. Perhaps consult with two or three well known clinics to get more input.

S

Sadiq

Thanks JoeT for your input...sounds like am toast but thanks for the honesty

R

reddwarf

Does it look better when your hair is shaved shorter to reduce the contrast between the hairs and the pigment?

S

Sadiq

No not really. The contrast is greater with a shaved head. Clinic still telling me not to panic they will fix this.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hows it looking now has it settled? If not dont lose hope there are options avaliable like laser. Which country do you live in?