• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Not happy with transplant - need advice

J

jaimepn

I created this pic that basically summarises my problem (bottom).

Went to Natural Hair Turkey in Istanbul. Everything was rushed. 3300 grafts. The technicians who did the transplant had no supervision whatsoever. And everything I agreed with the doctor was basically ignored.

I can see that when the transplanted hair starts growing behind my natural hairline, it will look weird.
I complained and they basically stopped replying.

FIRST POINT: It's actually advice: AVOID THEM.

SECOND POINT: I'm thinking of another transplant to match the density and bring my hairline 0.5 to 1 cm down. I found a clinic called EsteNove that is more expensive and performs the transplant with the help of a microscope to isolate single hair follicles. Im considering that. Do you guys agree with my thinking?

I appreciate your feedback on this.

NHT Review.png

F

Forelock

Maybe you should take a little extra time before having your next surgery, save up,and go to a clinic with a proven track record of consistent good work.

J

jaimepn

Maybe you should take a little extra time before having your next surgery, save up,and go to a clinic with a proven track record of consistent good work.

Solid advice. Thing is, it's difficult to wait when I look at the mirror and see 2 hairlines. Really unnatural look. And I think it's only gonna get worse when the implanted hair starts growing.

Also I can't find any clinics with:
- 0 negative reviews
- positive reviews that don't look fabricated
- on top of that, I really want the use of microscope to build a new hairline, not many clinics do that

But, solid advice. I'm gonna be a lot more careful this time.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear you`ve not had the experience you expected. The hairline should have been planted where you and the doctor agreed before surgery which appears to be just slightly lower than what you got.
Did the doctor not inspect the work when it was finished?
People can view Jamies hair transplant pictures here
Density planting may vary due to a patient having more native hair in certain areas of the scalp.
Whilst you want your hairline fixed, rushing to get it done may end up in disappointment again. You should research extensively on the clinics you narrow it down to. Microscopes if used correctly will help prevent multi grafts in the hairline and identify grafts that are damaged/no good.

J

jaimepn

No. It felt like an Assembly line.

1) Appointment with dr felt rushed. Just to decide the graft count. He initially suggested 4500 and I refused (bc I just wanted to increase density). Thank god i refused 4500! Then 3500, i refused again. Then we settled with 3300. Never saw the dr again.

2) Straight to operation room, to have my hair shaved and grafts extracted.

3) Another person showed up to draw the hairline (he was young, I don't think he was a doctor). He suggested the transplant to start just above my natural hairline with low density so that transplanted hair could blend in and increase density, without overwriting the hairline. I agreed. He left I never saw him again.

4) Everything agreed was ignored. The hair was implanted with high density in the front. And now I have 2 hairlines.

In regards to the new transplant, if the result turns out to be shockingly bad, I have to do something. It's understandable, right?

Also I hope I don't have any problems with my transplant, bc as this problem showed - I'm literally alone, without any support. It's nerve-wracking.

J

jaimepn

I asked them for the transplanted hair distribution - how many grafts were implanted in each area. And they never sent me that.

J

jaimepn

In regards to the hairline, most drs do NOT use microscope, even those who seem reputable. That's interesting... But if it's something that can increase the chances of a successful transplant then I want it.

I don't want to take risks with my hairline.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You could send your pictures to some clinics that are on here and ask their opinion on the way forward. Going to clinics that solely rely heavily on social media and review sites is a big risk. They are full of fake reviews, unfortunately.

I think the best option for now would be to shave your native hairline every day whilst the transplanted grafts are growing. Then see about having another to lower the hairline slightly providing a doctor says this is acceptable and your donor availability allows it.

Keep requesting your info from them. Hopefully, they send it.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
In regards to the hairline, most drs do NOT use microscope, even those who seem reputable. That's interesting... But if it's something that can increase the chances of a successful transplant then I want it.

I don't want to take risks with my hairline.

It is technicians who will use the microscopes. Then doctors and techs should use high magnification for planting the grafts. At the end of the surgery, the whole area should be checked but like you have found out, a lot are not.

Most clinics that have been around for some time will use microscopes. In countries where competition is fierce, prices are cheaper and corners may be cut.

J

jaimepn

You could send your pictures to some clinics that are on here and ask their opinion on the way forward. Going to clinics that solely rely heavily on social media and review sites is a big risk. They are full of fake reviews, unfortunately.

I think the best option, for now, would be to shave your native hairline every day whilst the transplanted grafts are growing. Then see about having another to lower the hairline to the correct level providing a doctor says this is acceptable and your donor availability allows it.

Keep requesting your info from them. Hopefully, they send it.

I'll start doing it. Thanks.

It's been 2 months since my transplant, and I have no idea if it was successful because my natural hair is growing over the transplanted area now. I can see however that I have many grafts that didn't shed, and are just sitting there, as they were when they were implanted. Not sure if that's normal.
But apart from that, don't see many differences, and can't see new hair growing yet.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

I'll wait. But going to research this forum to select a doctor in the meantime.

J

jaimepn

Pics of my hair, 2 months later. You can see I already started shaving my head (just a bit). Also including a close up where we can see a few grafts of thicker hair that didn't shed.

Attachments

• 20200922_141332.jpg
    20200922_141332.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 330
  • 20200922_141722.jpg
    20200922_141722.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 20200922_141947.jpg
    20200922_141947.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Be polite but firm when contacting the clinic. There should be no reason why they won`t send you the requested information.
If the transplanted hairs are still there but not growing there`s a good chance they are stalled hairs. These are hair shafts that are detached from the bulb/root and simply sitting in the incision hole. Get some tweezers and see if they pull out without any force. If stalled, they should just slip out easily.

J

jaimepn

Be polite but firm when contacting the clinic. There should be no reason why they won`t send you the requested information.

Ping pong. The health advisor says he doesn't have access to my records (well, he had in the past). Redirected to a doctor who kept being vague and repeating that the hair count is in the certificate (which states 3300 total). Is it possible that they don't have information on how those 3300 grafts were distributed?

J

jaimepn

Dr just came back saying he doesn't have that info. Not sure if that's true. But that was his answer.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It could be possible they just don`t record the surgery data accurately and just guess at a figure for the graft count.

F

Forelock

Dr Bicer does the surgery with help from assistants plus her patients look good.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
After quickly skimming your case, you should thank your lucky stars they didn't go as low as the "transition line" that you had agreed to. Using your native hair as the transition is the best thing they could have done for you.

J

jaimepn

After quickly skimming your case, you should thank your lucky stars they didn't go as low as the "transition line" that you had agreed to. Using your native hair as the transition is the best thing they could have done for you.

I agree with this. My problem is that the implant started with high density above my native hair, I don't think it's going to blend well.
It's only been 3.5 months, and I'm afraid it's starting to look weird.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you some pictures showing what it looks like now?