• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Patient dies after having a hair transplant

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
In a shocking incident that has come to light in Mumbai, a 43-years-old businessman, Shrawan Kumar Chaudhary has died nearly 50 hours after undergoing hair transplant surgery at a private hospital. Chaudhary died on March 9 at Mumbai's Dr LH Hiranandani Hospital. He was brought to the hospital after developing a severe allergy which caused swelling to his face and breathlessness after a 15-hour-long hair transplant surgery.

The doctors treating Chaudhary told The Times of India that he died due to an anaphylactic shock, a reaction to the painkillers and drugs that were prescribed to him after a 15-hour-long thair transplant procedure at Chinchpokli hospital in Mumbai.

Although the reports of death from undergoing cosmetic procedures such as hair transplant are rare, doctors caution that nobody should sign up for the treatment without prior consultation with a professional medical practitioner.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Always shocking to read stories like this. Thankfully these sorts of incidents are incredibly rare in hair transplant procedures.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, they are Pete but I do hear from many who experience infections, scarring and other issues that don`t reach the newspapers.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Read this too, poor guy, it's a little misleading in my opinion though as he didn't actually die from the surgery it was the medication given afterwards i think....... i'm guessing it's probably painkillers and therefore he could have died having these pain killers at anytime in the future?

Just a guess though and still awful to hear :cry:

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Shocking and devastating.
Every chance that this poor guy had some underlying issue or reacted badly to some medication, but it is a lesson out there to show that this isn't a game. Bad things can happen and you should only put yourself in the hands of the very best and most ethical surgeons.

V

Viking

I'm shocked at the overall difference in skill between doctors in this field. Posts like this really hit home how important it is to put yourself in the hands of the best surgeon's.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
So far, it isn't official, but my sources tell me that the doctor (and yes it was a doctor) was experienced. If this is true, then it goes to show that anything can happen REGARDLESS of experience. This is still surgery, and the importance of this fact and the realities that accompany it, should never be overlooked.

R

Radiance Cosmedic Centre

It is just a piece of shocking news. If you went under the consultant for well-experienced hair transplant surgeon then it was fine.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
Everyone reading this needs to understand that this issue has nothing to do with skill level. The patient went home and died later. This can happen to anyone, regardless of which doctor they choose, or how experienced that doctor may or may not be. Every time a surgery is performed, even for minor cosmetic issues, there is a risk. Sometimes those risks can cascade into a deadly outcome. I also deplore the use of this situation by some clinics in order to market themselves. In fact, it is disgusting.