• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

planting between existing hair

O

ozzy

Valued member
are some docs more experienced at this than others maybe janna or other techs can offer some help, if an experienced doc does the insisions does it reduce shockloss to existing hair

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Ozzy....

I do think that this is a good point and also that in my opinion it all boils down to the skill of the surgeon and techs involved..

this is always a subject I puzzle over... concerning shock loss and permanent loss..

If you have diffuse thinning (like me) I was told that there much more chance of losing some of the existing hair due to the trauma of the new hairs being planted near them. In such cases those "lost" hairs where likely to have been ones on their way out anyway as they were already (for want of a better word) "dying"...

Can anyone confirm this ????

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
I know very little about this but I recall reading somewhere that shockloss can be linked to the density that is being sought. I.e. if you are seeking high density the impact on nearby hairs can be high in the short term. They do grow back I believe but I'm no expert...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
ozzy wrote:
are some docs more experienced at this than others maybe janna or other techs can offer some help, if an experienced doc does the insisions does it reduce shockloss to existing hair

Hi Ozzy

Good question,the skill of the doctor is paramount and i would think their concentration has to be much higher when making the incisions as if you are shaved down they basicly have a clear field of view and can see exactly where the incisions are.

With hair in the way their job is much harder and they will need to check and double check they have made all the necessary incisions and also have planted grafts in them all.

With an experienced doctor and staff the above can be accomplished quite comfortably,it just means you are in the chair longer.

bm.

P

Philb

Bigmac wrote:
ozzy wrote:

Hi Ozzy

Good question,the skill of the doctor is paramount and i would think their concentration has to be much higher when making the incisions as if you are shaved down they basicly have a clear field of view and can see exactly where the incisions are.

With hair in the way their job is much harder and they will need to check and double check they have made all the necessary incisions and also have planted grafts in them all.

With an experienced doctor and staff the above can be accomplished quite comfortably,it just means you are in the chair longer.

bm.

BM makes good points, and I would just like to add that it also makes it easier to ensure the slit placement runs parallel with the existing natural growth and to see miniaturised growth that maybe on the way out and needs to be placed over to ensure a result in an area in one pass, rather than having to revisit when this hair has fallen.