• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Planting Demonstration

janna

janna

Valuable Member
[flash=320,256]http://i296.photobucket.com/remix/player.swf?videoURL=http%3A%2F%2Fvid296.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fmm182%2Fjanna0001%2Fff97b828.pbr&hostname=stream296.photobucket.com[/flash]

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
great informative video cheers for posting that :)

i bet your eyes hurt after hours of doing that:whatever:

janna

janna

Valuable Member
You know, my eyes never hurt after planting. Even before when I used to plant for hours on end. The planting techs are more on a planting rotation since we have plenty of techs who can plant well. We plant for 1/2 hour to an hour and then take a break. Hunched over a patient can be tough on your neck and shoulders if you plant for too long.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for that video,very interesting seeing the planting process again.

Tedious work it is.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Very educational, I'm quite shocked by how fast the grafts are implanted into the recipient area. I don €™t know why but I imagined that it would be a lot slower than this.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Nice video Janna.

In our institute our assistants 'pull' the grafts instead of pushing them like in the video. Obviously it really does not matter which technique is used as long as it does not hurt the grafts.
The only slight advantage I give to pulling the grafts is that the patients view is not obscured when watching video.

Take care,

Bart

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks Bart. When I plant on the right side of the patient I use the "push" method but I do the "pull" when I'm on the left. I'm much more efficient on the right - it's what I'm more used to doing. I think I'm actually almost twice as fast on the right as it generally takes me one or two touches on the right. The left I need 2 or 3 touches before the graft is set where it needs to be.