• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Post Transplant Repair Shampoo

D

DaveB

Merry Christmas all!!

I seem to be using rather a lot of Hair Repair Shampoo supplied by the clinic in Turkey after my FUE transplant last week.

I’m concerned I’m going to run out before I complete the two week aftercare period.

I can get an identical replacement from Turkey for around £85 including postage online.

But I was wondering if anyone can recommend a Shampoo here in the UK as an alternative please?

Regards

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_3405.jpeg
    IMG_3405.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 22
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I use the Pura D Or Gold. It will say for thinning hair in the description.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
As I also said, Baby shampoo will be ok to use and easier/quicker to purchase.

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
Does it honestly make a difference? Feruduni gave me a 'special' shampoo and Farjo just said any shampoo is fine.

K

kingstona

Similar issue, 6 months post, things looking OK touch wood. Farjo say any shampoo is OK. Decided to try watermans after reading good reviews, having been using loreal thickening or whatever the OH was using, but she's moved onto some ultra special hair tryoe specific stuff so decided to get my own.

Used it 3 times in last couple of weeks or so and the conditioner as directed but left hair incredibly dry and noticed a lot of shedding which haven't had previously.

I wash it every 3 to 4 days.

I have since stopped and used j&j baby shampoo today having left it 6 days. Await the results. But the watermans experience of dry hair and lots of shedding was a worry.

I previously looked into thr pura dor recommended here but plumped for waterman given the massive positove reviews. Would baby shampoo be fine for long term use, assuming I'm OK with thr results, or should I revert to loreal thickening which seemed to be OK.

Any thoughts folks.

Thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Baby shampoo will be ok. The Watermans does have positive reviews but we do have different hair types that can react differently to various ingredients. You could try one of the various head and shoulders.

K

kingstona

Thanks bigmac. I will give it a few weeks. Would have a go on the pura dor you recommend, but just worried it may do a watermans to me.

I appreciate long term there is no proof on any shampoos really as the dht blockers are not on long enough etc and my hair may have got used to watermans, but the short term put me right off.

Will have a look at the h&s options too.

And just an aside excellent forum and help from you and others here generally. Lurked when researching mine and can see how useful this place is, but shampoo questions and the lack of long term recommendations generally online and from HT clinics (I suppose that adds weight to the whatever works for your hair type point as a potential money spinner you would think) prompted me to register and post.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you like the forum and find it helpful.