• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Pro Bono Hair Transplant Offer to Forum Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
BHR Clinic

BHR Clinic

Valued member
We are pleased to be able to announce and to offer the members of this forum a Pro Bono Hair Transplant. The offer is open to all HT candidates, virgin and non virgin scalps and repair candidates with up to 2 consecutive days surgery provided if required and within the medical HT boundaries and protocol set by Dr. Bisanga.

To try and have the spirit of the offer made as open and transparent as possible we do not feel it is right for us to have the decision who benefits from this; it has been decided the fairest way is to let the readers of the forum decide, either put yourself forward as a candidate or nominate someone and then the votes will be counted over the next month.

Ideally post clear pictures on this thread and history so the readers can make a judgment and bigmac can set up a poll system (thanks bm) allowing people to vote. If you wish to send us your picture and details please send to [email protected] and we can post them for you, obviously all pictures will hide identities.

The procedure and the immediate post op care are included free of charge although the pre op blood work and all travel expenses are to be paid by the patient; the doctor has the ultimate responsibility to refuse the candidate on either medical or ethical grounds including unrealistic expectations or goals. There are no strings attached in respect of marketing or posting of results, if you wish to continue posting your experience that is entirely up to you. This is an aspect Dr. Bisanga believes firmly in and as we have in the past will continue in the future trying to give back to the community.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
thats a lovely gesture its really heartwarming when a clinic offers to help change someones life ¬b` you guys deserve a big pat on the back

kudos to Dr Bisanga

best wishes bn

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is another very nice gesture from a top notch clinic. I am sure that someone will benefit immensely from this. Its also a great way for this site to get exposure. Obviously Bigmac works his tail off to build this place for the benefit of all but it is still in its infancy and hopefully word of this contest/promotion will spread to other forums. I think that would be cool. This site is already known for a group of kind hearted people getting together with the awesome help of SMG to help out Bullit.

Very very nice. Love to see this kind of stuff.

NN

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
The biggest mistake I made in my lifetime, was getting a hair transplant. I was about 23 years old at the time, and was easily misled by the Cleveland Hair Clinic. Carlos Puig gave me horrific plugs in my thinning hairline. It completely changed my life and I was very ashamed of what I had done. Although I now realize I was conned it was hard not to accept blame. This was way before the internet, and information on the procedure was limited. Like 99% of the population I was conditioned to believe doctors did no harm. I have learned the hard way that this is completely false. We are brainwashed to have certain beliefs starting at a very young age. This specific belief about doctors doing no harm can be very costly if you are not enlightened in time. For me it meant disfigurement, but for others it will cost them their lives. Don't be fooled into believing this only applies to the hair transplant industry. It applies across the board to all medical specialties.

After several years I tried to have the damage repaired. I ended up at Elliott/Thomas. I thought that the kind doctors there would be able to help. I learned a little too late they were just helping themselves. They used the janitor to place my grafts, and used surgical glue to hold them in place. The growth I got was minimal at best. I then ended up at Bosley, which was advertised as the top hair transplant clinic in the country. I had one procedure there and never went back. Finally I ended up at Brandy who assured me the hairlift would solve my problem. What he left out was that he would be creating new problems to replace the intial problem.

I would like to get repaired and increase the quality of my life. It is very hard to believe anything you read or hear about this business. With paid posters, doctored pictures and deleted threads, one must proceed very cautiously.

I have followed several forums for over the last 10 years. I have also phone and internet consulted with several doctors. I have come to believe that there are only a handful of doctors with the necessary experience, artisic touch, ethics and compassion that can help me. Dr. Bisanga is actually at the top of my list. I think the possiblity of a complete repair is extremely small. But if anyone can get a nice result using any available scalp donor I have along with body and beard hair, I think it would be the BHR clinic.

Pre hair transplant repair pics
ht7.jpg

Pre repair hair transplant pictures
ht10.jpg

back view
ht3.jpg

side top shot
bht22.jpg

left side
bht28.jpg

right side
bht26.jpg

back of head
bht25.jpg

hair with prothik cover up
ht+repair+with+spray_edited-1.jpg

100_0739.JPG

100_0738.JPG

100_0741.JPG

leg hair
bht15.jpg

knee hair
bht16.jpg

lower leg hair
bht18.jpg

chest hair
bht20.jpg

chest hair
bht10.jpg

Beard hair under chin
100_0126.jpg

• [/*]
[/*]

the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
This is excellent--- I nominate Topcat as well---Having known his case and what he has gone through--it would be a MAJOR COUP for BHR to help this man out.

His case is REAL, and he DESERVES THIS OPPORTUNITY.

I know his results may not be the sexiest, but he needs some help.

Great Idea!
Jason

S

scarred5

Valued member
i have been along time reader of this forum they post alot of good results, i would like to be considered after topcat, i am also a longterm repair patient who has spent many yrs and lots of money trying to get repaired, ive been to seager, gore woods jones umar wolf rahal,ghi, i have some major scarring also, i have limited donor hair, so i wouldl have to incorporate some beard from above the jawline, as ive used the hair below the jawline already, im really only interested in fixing the front part of my head /hairline/ temples and some thickening behind the hairline, but it will be a challenge to get the amount of grafts i would need, even some would improve my situation, ive been a long time poster on most of these boards, im also a fan of bisanga but who isnt , i spent my life savings to go to woods, and i lost 5k just in the exchange in currencies, as im from canada, its been very difficult to acquire the money to get repaired cause i have to wear a hat and this has inhibited my ability to garner more lucrative employment, and repair work is more expensive than having it done right the first time if i am considered i would supply some pics, and explain in more detail some of the work ive had done, very generous, thanks

Attachments

• backshave.jpg
    backshave.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 4,153
Last edited:
S

scarred5

Valued member
these pics are kinda crappy but will give you an idea

Attachments

• two.bmp
    54.3 KB · Views: 4,274
S

scarred5

Valued member
anudder this is an older pic i ive had this scar revised several times and implanted 4

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 4,108
S

scarred5

Valued member
pic 1

wolf_pic.jpg

pic 2

this is a current pic of the same scar

Attachments

• after3.jpg
    after3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 6,283
S

scarred5

Valued member
1.jpg

pic 2

3.jpg

pic 3

4.jpg

pic 4

2.jpg

pic 5

Attachments

• llowscar.jpg
    llowscar.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 4,117
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
I would like to add regardless of if I get picked or not. That PhilB of BHR is one of the nicest, most honest, understanding, knowledgeable and patient people that I have met in the HT industry. I say this with complete sincerity.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great offer this is from BHR clinic.A big thanks to them from myself.

I have been in contact with Phil about this as the hardest part will be deciding who actually wins it.I`d like every repair patient to be sorted but this is an unrealistic wish.

Anyway good luck to all who apply.

bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Topcat and Scarred5, where do you live?

It's clear to see you both need sorting.

S

scarred5

Valued member
im from canada and for me i would only require one day so they could offer up the other day to topcat, i would only be able to access the same areas as in the ghi collage plus some beard cause the longer hair is needed to cover my scars, in pic 4 that is my scar after woods and just prior to having it planted with beard by umar, whom ive gone to 3 times now, this could be the best thing that has happened to me in 15 yrs, no one has cut me a break so far, and i have to scrub floors and toilets to earn the money to fix my head, i also have triangular alopecia

Attachments

• alopecia.jpg
    alopecia.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 4,815
S

scarred5

Valued member
anopther older pic, ive had 4 strips with seager, 4 with gore and 2 revisions with gore, 950 scalp fue into my upper scar, you can see the outcome in pic 4, 1600 bhts with jones , 3 sessions with umar comprising body beard and a little scalp, one revision with rahal and two revisions with wolf, even after all the travelling ive done so far i would glady go to belgium at the clinics convenience thanks for the opportunity

Attachments

• strip3.jpg
    strip3.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 4,393
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.