• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Prohairclinic - 8 months and result not as expected

M

Maximus

Hi All,

My last post was around 2-3 months ago. At that point I was approaching the 6 month point with little or no results. I'm now at the 8.5 month stage and things have gotten no better. It's pretty worrying. Not only for the money spent, but also the grafts lost and in general the whole post-HT ordeal.

I've attached some photos, which I hope u can view ok and I wud appreciate ur comments. The pics or not great, but hopefully give u an idea of how it looks now. I took some more photos today, which are of better quality and I will post them in the next 2 weeks. When u see the photos, bear in mind I have had a prior op in that area, roughly 1300 grafts. With the first op, I was seeing growth at the 3 month mark, this time round however, I have noticed almost no growth at 8 months.

Anyway, ur thoughts or comments wud be helpful, as I say, I am pretty worried about the while thing. And thanks to everyone in the previous PB forum that took the time to respond to my posting. The comments really do help!

Cheers.

Attachments

• Pics1.zip
    4 MB · Views: 1,782
S

solar panel

Valued member
Hi IR,

you had 2001 grafts in the temples only ? i would say that is near natural density if you did and at 8 months post op i would expect alot more growth ,have you contacted Bart?.

IMHO it looks like a failure but i hope i,m wrong and you get a burst of growth, i was considering Prohair but i,m unsure, there prices are excellent but it seems you would be trading high transaction for less expense basically a false economy, for me the only Dr that has excellent results with lots of pre post and 12 month pics is Bisanga yes more expensive but alot less transection IMO,

hope it all turns out good for you IR, either way please keep us posted

SP

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I concur it aint looking good for the 8.5 month stage, I think we need more details in regards to what is being said by prohair to get the full facts of the matter as i dont think this is very good publicity for them to say the least. I hope you get a burst of growth also. In my opinion the only option for FUE in europe are BHR. I feel for you mate.

Last edited:
M

Maximus

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far. I have been in touch with the clinic and they have offered me another operation free of charge. But, my thinking is, if it didn't work this time, what are the chances of it working next time? Wasting another 2000 grafts is not an option and I just don't feel confident it will be a success.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi IR,

I'm sorry to hear your frustrations regarding your ht procedure. I hope you are able to resolve it to your satisfaction.

The photo quality is very poor. I think it would be a great help to see clear before and after pictures.

The picture file is also too big and for some reason it came out in a Word document. Maybe it's just my pc. I can assist you putting them up if you want to email the photos to me first so the pictures are displayed instead as a link.

M

Maximus

Thanks for the comments and the offer of assistance Janna. I was having some technical difficulties with laptop I was using when I posted the first set of photos. I have taken some better pictures and I'll post them tonight or tomorrow, in jpeg format.

cheers

lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
Hi IrishRover,

I remember your case from the pbhair forum.
Was wondering how you were getting on....sorry to hear it's not so well.

Thanks for sharing your experiences though - I'd be interested to hear what Prohair have to say about your case.

LY

Sabine-Prohairclinic

Sabine-Prohairclinic

FUE hair transplantation - SMP
Hi Irishrover, We where informed about your post by a reader from another forum. It is to be regretted that your result does not meet your expectations. I looked into your record and if I understood it right you talked to our surgeon in December. It was agreed that you would come over and give us the chance to review the result in person. If indeed the result is poor we will take full responsibility. Please contact us by mail or phone to make an appointment.

Greetings,
Sabine:)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Sabine for addressing the patients concerns promply.

Hi Irish,your file wont open for me so i cant view your pictures.I hope you can come to some agreement with Prohair clinic and visit them so they can review your situation and hopefully shed some light on it.

Thanks bm.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
heres the pikis BM, I would apologise for the poor quality, but i didnt take em.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 5,030
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Shang for that.

Irish,the pictures dont show enough to comment.We need clear pre op and imm post op pictures plus your upto date pictures if its not too much trouble.

Thanks bm.

M

Maximus

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the repies and also to Shang for posting my pictures. I've attached another pic, taken today and it is a little better than the other ones. I intend to get my girfriend to take a few for me over the weekend as clearly photography is not my thing and I'll post them when I get the chance.

Sabine (nice to meet you), I did contact Bart in December and spoke with the surgeon at that time also. After I have reached the 12 month mark, they invited me to your clinic to discuss the results. In the mean time, I wanted to post my results and maybe get a bit of feedback from some of the experts on this forum, and, also to answer any questions people mite have who are considering a HT with urselfs.

Cheers,

IR

Attachments

• Pic.JPG
    Pic.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 5,609
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi IR,

So that I'm clear as to your two procedures, you had one session done by Dr. ? for 1300 grafts in the same area as your last procedure of 2000 grafts with Prohair?

Prohair must have some pictures of you pre-op with them? Any chance of you getting those pictures? Maybe you can send your progress pictures to Prohair so they can put them side by side for comparison?

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
IrishRover,

If it's not to much trouble can we have afew pictures of your girlfriend as well (only joking). However, on a serious note its hard to make a judgement on the work prohair have done or havent done without a pre op piki.

Last edited:
M

Maximus

Janna, yeh this is my second op in that area, the first being 1300 with Transmed. Shang, photos of my girlfriend are available at a price (joking, incase she reads this).

Pre-op photos are attached.

Cheers.

S

solar panel

Valued member
Hey IR,

so you,ve had 3301 grafts in total to your temples ?? that many grafts should restore the front 1/3 , i think it would be wise to post pre -op pics so people can see what areas have had the work

GL

SP

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Sometimes I don't like to respond on these threads because I feel it is unfair to the clinic until a certain timeframe has been reached, but as usual I can't keep my mouth shut.

Firstly, we don't have enough in front of us to make a fair call but things certainly do look weak. Secondly, more time really does need to be given even though most show decent results at this stage.

It will be interesting to follow this case.

NN

M

Maximus

Pre-op should be attached now.

Attachments

• Pre-Op.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 743
janna

janna

Valuable Member
IR,

The the linked preop pictures are very small. Nonethelss, I've taken the liberty of posting those pics so they show up on your post instead of the link. It sounds like not everyone is able to see via attachments.

1-1.jpg