• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

propecia facial hair

M

mars

Valued member
hey everyone

has anyone who takes propecia noticed any change in their facial hair?reason im asking is its only in the past 3years my facial hair has started to fill in not fully yet but nearly their and since im taking propecia now should i expect no more growth?im 25

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi mars

Whilst on Proscar many years ago, I noticed my body hair diminished a bit due to the DHT being limited by the drug. Some guys to notice this effects the beard although much less. I never had any beard issues, only legs, arm hair etc, was much less, stomach and to some degree chest also.

When coming off it I grew all back as normal. DHT that causes the loss in the scalp is needed for masculinity and therefore beard, body hair etc, is part and parcel of that.

M

mars

Valued member
Hi stephen,
Thanks for the reply..do you know was the loss of body hair even mentioned as a possible side effect by merck in clinical trials?

sl

sl

Yes it was mentioned but they said :-

[align=left]"In one study, patients were questioned on the growth of body hair. PROPECIA did not appear to affect hair in places other than the scalp."[/align]
[align=left]Not sure how many had the trial and for how long, I speak from personal experience. It makes sense that body hair will be effected as you are limiting DHT.[/align]
[align=left] [/align]
[align=left] [/align]
[align=left] [/align]
[align=left] [/align]

M

mars

Valued member
ya it makes perfect sense,cheers for the info appreciate it!

C

CoffeePaladin

I can relate...I started Propecia at 25, and around six months I noticed my chest hair thinning noticeably.

It's been three years now, and my facial hair seems unchanged. I do the 24-hour shadow look, and actually, in the last year I've only seen it get darker while my body hair's the same.

I say it's a good thing...who likes chest hair?

garageland

garageland

Valued member
I personally haven't noticed any change in body hair, my beard hair is still thick and grows like crazy and chest hair is the same as before.

Stephen you mention coming of it, are you not taking propecia anymore?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Propecia has had no effect on my body hair.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
i must say propecia hasn't had any major body hair effects on me either...except i have noticed a small amount of hairloss around the lower legs and ankle area, but nothing major;)

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Mars

I have been taking for around 3 years now, cant say I have any noticable side effects... do grow a beard from time to time and not noticed any difference... apart from the grey bits that are now showing :-(

Tim

C

CoffeePaladin

Yeah, I'm just past my 3 year mark as well...side affect wise it's been good, I was worried about the possible sex drive problems but haven't had a problem there.

Meanwhile, the body hair one was no biggie...it was a little strange noticing the chest hair thin out, but what the hell, I shave it all off now so it's less to deal with.

sl

sl

Hi Garageland

Apologies for late reply!

I have been off Proscar for many years, and take Saw Palmetto since May 2009, i've personally found it good to be on to be honest as a natural DHT blocker. My chest hair is good quality and beard unaffected.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
i haven't noticed a change either, been on it since 2002 ish.

P

petersen2020

I have wavy hair its up to my shoulders should i get it done? how many times do i have to get it done? like after a 3rd time will it be semi straight so i dont have to keep doing it? what will it do to my hair?? how much will it cost?
=========================

garageland

garageland

Valued member
Petersen, sorry you will have to be a bit more specific in what you are talking about?

Stephen- sorry for my late reply, thanks for your reply do you think it has halted your hairloss? I have never tried it but have seen it is readily available and quite cheap I have been on Proscar since June 2006 and there is no question it has halted my loss, think I may give it a try.