• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

PROPECIA/FINASTERIDE

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Vertex (top of the head) Study
PROPECIA was demonstrated to be effective in the longest controlled study of male pattern hair loss ever conducted. In this 5-year study of men with mild to moderate hair loss:

9 out of 10 men on PROPECIA had visible results (either regrowth of hair, 48% [134 out of 279], or no further hair loss, 42% [117 out of 279]) vs 25% (4 out of 16) on placebo (sugar pill), according to an assessment of photographs by an independent panel of dermatologists. View results.
2 out of 3 men on PROPECIA regrew hair, as measured by hair count. All the men in the study who were not taking PROPECIA lost hair.
A majority of men on PROPECIA were rated as improved by doctors: 77% (210 out of 271) vs 15% (2 out of 13) with placebo.
A majority of men on PROPECIA reported their bald spot getting smaller, their hair loss slowing down, and the appearance of their hair improving.
What €™s more, in the first year of the study, 86% (587 out of 679) of men on PROPECIA maintained hair or increased the number of visible hairs vs 42% (282 out of 672) on placebo.

PROPECIA is for MEN ONLY.

Further treatment is unlikely to help if the drug has not worked within 12 months. If you stop taking PROPECIA, you will likely lose the hair you have gained within 12 months of stopping treatment.

Anterior Mid-Scalp (middle front of the head) Study
PROPECIA was also shown to be effective in a study of men with hair loss on the middle front of the head. View results.

Additional information
Hear what men on PROPECIA are saying about hair loss and PROPECIA
Learn how your doctor or dermatologist can help you treat your male pattern hair loss
Important Information About PROPECIA
PROPECIA was developed to treat mild to moderate male pattern hair loss on the vertex (top of head) and anterior mid-scalp area (middle front of head) in MEN ONLY. There is not sufficient evidence that PROPECIA works for receding hairlines at the temples.

Women who are or may potentially be pregnant must not use PROPECIA and should not handle crushed or broken PROPECIA tablets because the active ingredient may cause abnormalities of a male baby €™s sex organs. If a woman who is pregnant comes into contact with the active ingredient in PROPECIA, a doctor should be consulted. PROPECIA tablets are coated and will prevent contact with the active ingredient during normal handling, provided that the tablets are not broken or crushed.

In clinical studies for PROPECIA, a small number of men experienced certain sexual side effects, such as less desire for sex, difficulty in achieving an erection, or a decrease in the amount of semen. Each of these side effects occurred in less than 2% of men and went away in men who stopped taking PROPECIA because of them.

Know the facts. PROPECIA is available by prescription only, so the best thing to do is talk to your doctor.

M

markjoetay

Propecia is effective. It worked for one of my friends to get receding hairline. He has been using propecia's genuine generic finnasteride for about year and a half from emedoutlet.

A

andyking

Yea, MarkJoeTay is right. Propecia is effective. I'm under propecia 1mg treatment since last year and a half. It worked for me too. I take propecia 1mg daily.

I'm buying propecia generic finasteride 1mg from eMedOutlet.com - They are
genuine, fast and cheapest. It costs Just $ 16/- for one moth supply.

Last edited:
more

more

Valued member
i'm about to start taking it, anyone care to talk me out of it. i'm just so afraid of long term effects if there are any.

A

andy7373

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Propecia) easy-to-use-pharmacy.com/buy-propecia-usa.html?wm=11492&tr=8027 I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
andyking wrote:
Yea, MarkJoeTay is right. Propecia is effective. I'm under propecia 1mg treatment since last year and a half. It worked for me too. I take propecia 1mg daily.

I'm buying propecia generic finasteride 1mg from burglerking.com - They are
genuine, fast and cheapest. It costs Just $ 16/- for one moth supply.
give it a rest now andy king;;D we all know you own a website that sells the stuff....so god knows why you keep coming on here posting time and time again with the same old tosh::;mb

P

Pacman

Valued member
Hi guys anyone care to comment on genuine results they may have had? Also anyone had success without experiencing side's?

Andy King ))N_):) dont even think about it>C>::

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi Pacman...

All I can say is that I have been using finasteride/propecia for around 2 and a half years now, had no side effects and seems to be keeping my hair as it was.... not sure about how much has grown back.... but would recommend anyone with MPB using it.. and the sooner the better...

Point in case.. I started using propecia around 7 years ago... after a couple of weeks my girlfriend found the packet.. told me I was crazy as I did not need it.... maybe I did not at the time... but I miss the hairs I lost far more than I miss her :)

May also be an idea to use along with Rogaine... I was also using this for around 2 and a half years... stopped using it around 6 months ago... I have noticed that things are a little thinner in the areas I used to apply it...

Anyway.... thats my opinion :)

P

Pacman

Valued member
Thank you for your insight Timuk, Fortunately theres no drug available yet to bring back ex girlfriends ;;D

If you dont mind me asking how do you get your hands on it and is it expensive?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Pacman wrote:
Fortunately theres no drug available yet to bring back ex girlfriends ;;D
god forbid...there ought to be one to get rid of most of mine)(_::

timuk

timuk

Hi Pacman..

Would not want a drug that would bring that ex girlfriend back... seem to remember she cost me more than all the meds and surgery I have taken/had all put together... but I am not bitter ;;::::/

Anyway, as for the fin, I get that from Dr Ashcroft (details are on this section)..... Cant remember exactly as I paid for 18 months supply last time, around £150 I think... just checked my supply and running a bit low, cant believe how quick time goes..

As for Regaine, I used to order via the Regaine web site.... have a look as the prices are there..

Cheers

Tim

Last edited:
P

Pacman

Valued member
Cheers Timuk I have checked out Dr Ashcroft on here and seems he supplies quite a few Meds.

Are these all just generics of the same thing or are some better than others?

timuk

timuk

Hi Pacman..

Propecia is just the brand name for the original med... buying this is more expensive than buying Proscar... they both contain the same "hair saving" ingredients but Proscar is a bigger tablet that you have to cut into 5 equal "ish" bits and take piece a day... as for Propecia, this comes in daily tablets.

Propecia is packaged and sold as a "hair" treatment and is more costly....whereas Proscar is sold as a drug for prostate trouble !! But, again, they are one and the same thing.

So, Proscar is not a generic version.... just a bigger tablet that comes with the aggro of slicing it up (not always easy)

There are generic versions of Proscar which I think Dr Ashcroft offered to me at a lower price... I assume that they are identical and no less effective... but I went for the original... that was just my choice as I always prefer the original whatever I buy... just like painkillers.. Neurofen instead of a cheaper brand... which probably do the same thing but at half the price........ I was the same with Regaine.... its just a personal choice..

Anyway, Pacman.. like I mentioned before... my advice would be to start sooner rather than later..

All the Best

Tim

I hope that the above is right.... am 99.9% sure from what I have been told and read.. maybe someone else can confirm this as I am no Doctor... though I will be calling Dr Ashcroft soon for another batch as running a bit low... so will check this out with him...

Last edited:
D

darkcrash2007

Generic Propecia is used for treating certain types of male pattern hair loss (androgenic alopecia) in men. It is also used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate.

'''ss''