• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Propecia

P

phil

Valued member
Hi all Going to try propecia;is finastride from the shop on here the same thing.
Might be wrong but sure i read that only merck or where ever its manufactured is the bestOr is the shop one just as good
Thanks phil

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The Fin is fine from the shop, it's 5 mg so you will have to cut it into fifths, some people will quarter it, take 4 days in a row, then miss a day, if fifths take it every day.

M

MrDavis

Hi Phil,
Merck is brand. Finasteride that is sold under different manufacturer is a generic. Generic contains the same active ingredient thus it is the same medication.

Fin 5mg is the generic of Proscar. If you like to try namely 1mg pills, so generics like Finpecia or F-Pecia will work.

M

MrDavis

Finasteride is not a fast solution for hair loss, however it is effective. The results are visible in 3-6 months, but all these are individual. You should be patient while on finasteride.

P

phil

Valued member
Hi all odered my finasteride and recieved today
Now on the box (ordered from the shop on here)it says take half a tablet monday wednesday and friday on a perscription label with my name on.
Is it better to cut into fifths still or quarters and take every morning or do what the label says

Thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I would do quarters as it's easy to cut into into quarters.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Hi bigmac, is there still a link on here to order propecia? A mate of mine is after a prescription

Regards

Tom