• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

PRP video result Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
This patient was treated 2,5 months ago.
He came in yesterday to show his progress.

Feel free to comment

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/sCJ30dioH0E&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks for the Video.

From the research you have done on this treatment, how often will you want your patients to come in for another session of PRP. I've heard once to twice a year....how about you?

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Hi Janna,
We base ourselves on the clinical data from dr. Greco. It is probably wise to repeat the treatment after about 8 to 10 months.

Thanks for posting that video Bart. I have been seeing the same results from a few of my PRP patients within the 2.5 month time frame.

What I think is happening is that the hairs in the target area are thickening up in caliber. At a growth rate of 1/2 inch per month, that can lead to a very signfiicant cosmetic results in even 2.5 months.

I'll ask Spex to post a couple of our PRP results in this thread when he gets the chance.

Thanks for sharing your PRP results and video with us.

Dr. F

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Bart,is this patient using any other medications or is PRP the only thing he is trying.

bm.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Hi BM,
This patient does not take ANY medication/treatment for hairloss or any other medical problem.

greetz

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bart,i`ll look forward to seeing his updates.

How regular will he be updating.

bm.

H

hairtech

Bart,

Are there any ongoing studies with PRP? This means: Are you able to prove that patients that are treated with prp are better than without prp?

I am all for this type of treatment because theoretically and knowing molecular biology. If prp produces pronounced and increased release of growth factors... then increasing growth factors means increasing healing times of healing... ok great that is awesome! So my question is that are you ending up at the same place of healing? just faster? You still are scarring right? Just getting there faster.

Please educate me.

B

Bastion

Has there been further progress made.

Last edited:
H

hairtech

platelet rich plasma... Basically you draw a patients blood... put the specimen in a centrifuge and the plasma is extracted.

more

more

Valued member
interesting, just saw this video too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giXjUabE6io&feature=player_embedded

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Today we treated someone who suffered alopecia areata.

Since he lives quite close we will try to follow his progress.

We made no promisses about any result, but the patient wanted to try it since there is no other cure for him.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Hard to tell if theres a difference, I guess the only surefire way to know is with shaved head patients.